I need hair color suggestions for a deeper skin tone...

*ElleB

I want to rinse my hair, and I can't decide...I am darker skinned like around Gabrielle Union or Kelly Rowland (around there, not exactly) I have very ruddy, reddish undertones to my skin....

I went to the BSS for the sole purpose of getting a rinse and left with nothing, cuz I couldn't decide.. :(

I need help...I was thinking about a copper-y color....What do u guys think?

I think that skin tone goes nicely with colors in the red family, like rich burgundy hughs, black cherry, plums or wines. ;)

ETA: I think copper tones would be nice too, since they have that rich earthy base that compliment redish undertones.

Last edited:
BeautifulWideEyes said:
I don't know if you got your moisture problem under control, but until then I wouldn't even bother w/color.

I love this LHCF family. How wonderful of you to be mindful of her hair problems and give helpful advice. This is why I visit this site EVERYDAY :grin:

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I don't know if you got your moisture problem under control, but until then I wouldn't even bother w/color.

Hey ur right, thanks for remembering! But I would have bought it and took forever to do it, lol, (like I do everything)
But thanks again for remembering that!!

No problem, I think if you're going to color soon, you should go w/Colorshines. I never used it but the reviews are great and I don't believe it dries the hair out like some colors can. I know I hated Texture n Tones, the color was nice but what it did to my hair I didn't like, or anyone else that I personally know that used it. :ohwell:

I am darker than Kelly Roland. I would like a good color. I have to be careful with reds. I want to get a brownish or cherry red color. I love the colorshines. Give that a try first since it coats the hair.

hottopic said:
For deep skin tone, any color in the red family will be a good fit.
Not necessarily. There are warm reds vs. cool reds. For the ruddy, reddish complexion the OP described, I believe a warm red would be complementary.

Back