I need Colour Advice please

charloholland

Ok I have always dyed my hair at home, but it was always dark colours, I have just recently lightened and dyed my hair bright pink... I have had it for a few months and love it but its time to change, I am going green...
I have bought 4 boxes of pre-lightener (bleach) as my hair is long I need 2 for it all. and because pink is a red based colour I guess I will need to do it more than once... I also have white toner (la riche directions) which I have read will tone down brassy/ orange tones quite a lot, then my two shades of green also directions...
But my sister was talking to her hairdresser about my colour change, and she said I will need to bleach it 4 or 5 times... first off, no chance am I doing that, but is she right, will the colour not fade light enough for me to dye green on top?
Anyone know of anything else I could do... I am washing it everyday this week before I go ahead and dye it toget as much of the pink out as I can... any help would be fab thanks

Welcome to the board! How are you washing out the pink? Was it a semi permanent color or cellophane that washes out over time?

If your using permanent hair color, please consider switching to a semi permanent brand i.e. Jazzing or Manic Panic.

Using bleach and developers scare me like the dickens :nono: Just sounds like damage waiting to happen.

Because you lightened your hair, I hope that you're DC'ing and M&S like crazy to mitigate potential breakage and/or dryness.

Please post pics of your current pink hair. Also, please post pics of your hair once you transition to green.

Good Luck!

I was able to acheive the green/blue below. I bleached up to get a pink color like you have and then a few months later I rebleached the same area for this shade of green. I've only bleached my bangs and I'm relaxed. I used 30 volume developer with my bleach. I have never left it on more than minutes. You hair should be healthy.
IMG_20120406_125729.jpg

IMG_20120829_140533.jpg

IMG_20130209_185803.jpg

IMG_20121118_211622-1.jpg

Hi thanks. I am using Directions la riche semi-perminant colour, and unluckily for me bleach is the only way to lighten my hair enough for the colours I want. My hair is healthy and I want to kep it that way, a friend said you can get protection spray that helps keep your hair intact when bleaching so I will look into that. I wont leave it on too long and hope for the best. I will post a picture of my pink hair now x thanks both

Not sure how to insert pictures, dont know if this is going to work haha. but this is the pink at the moment.

photo.php

photo.php

Back