I need advice on female contraceptives

butterfly_wings

Hi ladies

I have a question about female contraceptives.

I am currently on the pill called Cerazette, and have been for about 8 months, at first I liked it. It stopped my periods which does happen to most women on it but I also have other side affects that I didn't notice at first such as I have put on weight, loss of sex drive, tiredness, loss of breath and headaches (it sound worse than it is). I didn't figure this out until a few weeks ago as I thought all of these symptoms were just because I had put on weight therefore was feeling more lethargic.

I have now decided to come off of the pill for a while and go and get a new pill from my doctor (but not take it for now) but I'm not sure which one to go for, I know they all have side affects but which ones have the least side affects, I don't want to swap tiredness for depression for example as I know some of the pills can give you this!

I have also heard about the injection but I hear those side affects are worse!!

What are your recommendations?

Thanks

I recommend Ortho Tricyclen-Lo. It has been the best birth control I have ever used! I referred all my friends and we never experiences side effects such as weight gain and acne and hair loss. They hormones for this pill are on a lower dosage. Try it! :grin:

It usually takes trial and error to find the right contraceptive for you, but the low dose ones seem to work well for many women.

Please dont take the depo shot...I havent come across anyone yet who had a good experience with it. I think that thing messes your body up and there just isnt the research out there to prove it just yet.

Back