I need a SERIOUS anti-humidity spray or hairspray.*PICS*

MsLizziA

I flat ironed my little sister's hair and then set it on rods. It came out so beautiful and i guess i kinda knew that in the back of my mind that something was gonna happen to mess it up, i just didnt want to accept it. After i did her hair i was just sitting there wishing i had some kind anti humidity spray or some kind of holding spray to use afterwards. But i was like, maybe im just being paranoid...

But OF COURSE if you want to know when its gonna rain, check with me cuz if my hair is straight or hers, trust me, its about to rain....

ANYWAY this is her hair BEFORE she went to school (damnit i shoulda bought some spray from somewhere!!)
IMG_20101217_081436-vi.jpg
IMG_20101217_081351-vi.jpg
IMG_20101217_081359-vi.jpg
IMG_20101217_081425-vi.jpg

This is her hair AFTER she came home from school and humidity and drizzles of rain got to it

IMG_20101217_170812-vi.jpg

IMG_20101217_170817-vi.jpg
IMG_20101217_170835-vi.jpg

WAT THE HELL MAN!! DO U KNOW HOW MUCH WORK THAT WAS!!! OMG!

Anyway, someone suggest Mizani Anti-Humidity spray to me. Its like $17 bucks. Has anyone tried it and does ANYONE know of anything else? Thanks in advance guys..as you can see, i REALLY need to know

You did a great job on your sis.

some ladies use sabino moisture block ...nvr used it myself though

Awww, you can tell she looked disappointed in the pictures she took after school. She has beautiful hair and you did an excellent job!

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

OMGee, she is too freaking cute! You did a great job on her hair...I use IC Heat Straightening Serum sometimes, it works well and it's cheap!

I have zero suggestions, just wanted to say she's adorable and :lachen: @ her face in the after pics

OMG she's too cute...in the past to control humidity I've used KeraCare Oil Sheen and KeraCare Silken Seal (the spray, not the serum). I don't know how you feel about KeraCare but it still works for me after going natural. The oil sheen is nice BUT I always notice that my hair moves a little less than usual after spraying it AND the first ingredient is mineral oil (I don't mind but all of us know that some people don't like it). The Silken Seal is by far the best product I've ever used when straightening my hair, relaxed or natural. It's lightweight and the movement from it is amazing. If you get the spray and not the serum you can use it as both a heat protectant and a finishing spray. It's a little pricey, though.

Awww, you can tell she looked disappointed in the pictures she took after school. She has beautiful hair and you did an excellent job!

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

Trust me she wasnt dissapointed about her hair, she was disappointed b/c she didnt wanna take the pic cuz she didnt want anybody to see her hair like that

Your lil sis is too cute and you did an amazing job with her hair! I don't use hairspray b/c of the alcohol but have you tried a serum? They work well for when I straighten my natural hair.

Yeah, SMB takes some practice. I split my hair into four sections and use about a dime size on each. Then I use a little more after it's pressed just for some extra protection.

But the truth is, on a rainy day anything goes. The best you could've hoped for her fallen curls with some frizziness.

As far as my hair is concerned, there is no such thing as an anti- anything serum except heat training and relaxers. In the past my hair would revert and then eventually it just stopped after getting my hair pressed so many times. Since transitioning, I've straightened three times. I've used sabino, some John Frieda, and a Sammy serum. Now Frieda and sabino are supposed to be the best. Did my roots sweat out andget puffy the next day with sabino? Sure did! Did I sweat out that John Frieda? Sure did. Sammy was a joke all by itself. My porosity is also in check. So maybe the more frequently you straighten her hair then the more it'll be trained.

I'm actually starting to believe the people like bmp who say they have trained their hair but it still reverted. Mine still reverted when I was younger but it was "trained" to stay straight longer. Don't know how but apparently it happens. All I know is I won't be investing in any more alleged moisture blocking serums again because they are a big disappointment for me.

I'm sorry I don't know what would help because that looks almost just like my hair.It turned out Gorgeous!!!! Before & After!!!! I love it her hair is Beautiful. She is a doll!

ETA: I agree with the above poster who said heat(formerly relaxers) is the only anti-humidity technique for my hair. I use heat frequently. And on any given day I still might have a frizzy bun or something. Sometimes no frizz at all.

Last edited:
Aw, the poor dear! I hope you find one...I know I was NEVER able to find something to really block out humidity especially in the rain...the only thing that came close was the Sebastian Shaper + Hairspray....but it definitely is stiff.

As someone already suggested, Aveda Air Control. OR, a spray I recently purchased due to a youtube vid I saw, is Mizani HRM (Humidity Resist Mist) spray; I use it when I a few weeks post and I'm straightening my new growth to stop it from reverting. It also provides a light (but still movable) hold on the hair. I dont use it TOO often however, because of the alcohol content most hairspray's have. It's a good product tho, and I got it for $11.

Back