I need a relaxer!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

It's only been 5 weeks but I have like 8 weeks of new growth. I am aching to throw a relaxer in it, but I keep thinking it's too soon. Isn't it?
confused.gif

I know what you need

I’m like what is going on because today just made 4 weeks for me and my hair looks like it’s been 6 weeks. I’m trying to hold out for at least 7 weeks and I don’t know how I’m going to do it.

Caramela, see if you can wait another 1-2 weeks before you relax again. It's great that you have so much growth though!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
Caramela, see if you can wait another 1-2 weeks before you relax again. It's great that you have so much growth though!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if there is no breakage then wait at least a week.

Caramela u dont need to throw in a relaxer !!! Im know u are able to comb through your new growth with ease and u said that u wear your hair in a bun most of the time. With all the condition rinses that u do your new growth should be easy to manage
wink.gif

I agree with Britt, try to stick it out at least till 8 weeks. Maybe you could switch to conditioner washes daily to keep the new growth from getting dry.

[ QUOTE ]
Caramela said:
It is, it's just very thick!!! Very Very Very thick!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang in there and pull it back in a bun.

Does hair grow faster in the winter time? I think my hair is growing faster now that the season has changed. Maybe this is why you have so much new growth

toyna....i hope so, i have never wanted newgrowth the way i look for newgrowth these days...lol.....but i feel carmela ,cause after 5 weeks for me the roots are crazy thick and i dont even try to comb thru it...i go thru the rest of the lenghth and put it up....but keep holdin out carmela, i here with you trying to last 8 weeks as supposed to my normal 6.......

Tonya, I don't think it's a summer vs winter thing. I think it's my increased water consumption, biotin, healthier foods and increased physical activity
smile.gif

Well, I tried flexi rodding it and it worked for now, but with all my working out, and my obsession w/moisture, I know I'll rinse these curls out in like 3 days. Anyway, I don't think I can make it any further. I already have an inch of new growth. I'm not going to go by the weeks but rather the growth. It's a jungle in there and I gotta smooth it out
shocked.gif
And I lost a little bit more hair than I would have liked in the detangle
frown.gif

I've been working out, and drinking a lot of water. Like almost a gallon a day. And conditioner only washes, buns and olive oil... very low maintenance styling. I also take a multi and biotin. Nothing magical.

Back