I need a regime for Naturals

happylocks

I have been a member of LHCF almost I year I belive and I still dont have a successful regime,
I am natural 4ab, thick, my hair is somewhat dry, but not as bad as it used too be, I used to do CW daily, but have stop, I am kind of a PJ but I do belive less is more, I have not had that much success with my hair, the lenght, or condition of it, still very frizzy and the ends seem to be dry, even after I clip or cut my ends they still come out looking bad a few weeks later, I would like to know what really works, to have not just lenght, which I used to think was important, but healhty hair as well

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Hi Happylocks,
wave.gif

I'm not a hair sensei like many of the ladies here, but I will give you my regimen.
It's really simple and easy. My hair type is 3a/3b, I have a medium texture, and oily scalp.

I wash and condition my hair two to three times a week. After conditioning I either use cd hhb or elucence conditioner as my leave in.

I rinse my hair with just warm water after working out 4 days a week and follow the rinse with elucence leave in conditioner.

While washing or rinsing my hair, I comb thru it, making sure to remove all tangles. I then braid my hair in the shower and put my leave-ins on after getting out of the shower.

Everyday, I wear my hair in either a shake and go (if showering in the morning) or a braid out bunned or ponytailed.

Thats it.
blush.gif

My staple products:

Shampoo: Elucence moisture balance, Elucence clarifying, Kenra Moisturizing

Conditioner: Aubrey Organics GPB and Pantene daily moisture renewal and relaxed and natural (mostly GPB, my hair loves protein)

Leave In conditioner: Elucence moisture balance and Carols Daughter healthy hair butter.

I'm not a pj, so my products do not change very much.
Although, over the past year I have been trying to find organic products comparable to my chemically ones. I haven't been very successful.

Hope this helps,
Sia

I'm a natural 4ab as well. I find that always having my ends protected and not out loose (eg cornrows, twists) helps a great deal. I try to keep my routine simple, hope this helps:

1. I wash my hair once a week or every 5 days or so. Before this I use extra virgin olive oil as a hot oil treatment. Becase of my flaky scalp I use Nizoral and follow up with Kemi No Soap shampoo which I find moisturises my hair.

2. I condition with Paul Mitchell The Detangler, and I try not to blow dry my hair. When I used to do this after every shampoo my hair seemed stuck at one length and was always dry.

3. I use Kemi 100% shea butter (not the pomade) when twisting my hair, I find this helps moisturise my hair greatly.

4. I'm trying to increase my water intake. I've been slacking lately but I find that when I drink more water it shows benefits in my hair and skin.

Good luck, hope this helps!

[ QUOTE ]
DahomeyAmazon said:
Hi Happylocks,
wave.gif

I'm not a hair sensei like many of the ladies here, but I will give you my regimen.
It's really simple and easy. My hair type is 3a/3b, I have a medium texture, and oily scalp.

I wash and condition my hair two to three times a week. After conditioning I either use cd hhb or elucence conditioner as my leave in.

I rinse my hair with just warm water after working out 4 days a week and follow the rinse with elucence leave in conditioner.

While washing or rinsing my hair, I comb thru it, making sure to remove all tangles. I then braid my hair in the shower and put my leave-ins on after getting out of the shower.

Everyday, I wear my hair in either a shake and go (if showering in the morning) or a braid out bunned or ponytailed.

Thats it.
blush.gif

My staple products:

Conditioner: Aubrey Organics GPB and Pantene daily moisture renewal and relaxed and natural (mostly GPB, my hair loves protein)

Leave In conditioner: Elucence moisture balance and Carols Daughter healthy hair butter.

Although, over the past year I have been trying to find organic products comparable to my chemically ones. I haven't been very successful.

Hope this helps,
Sia

[/ QUOTE ]

Great routine. Great products.
up.gif
These products work well on my daughter's naturals also.

Happylocks, I've been there with having dry ends and here is how I combat them. Even though you don't con. wash, there might be some things in my regime you can use. I rinse my hair and scalp every other day in the shower. I have to, since I exercise at least an hour each day and need to get rid of the sweat buildup. I'll spray my hair and scalp with Surge and immediately follow it with Hot Six Oil. I have cornrows with extentions but this is where the tedium sets in: I take Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, and apply it to each and every braid, from the root to the tip of my real hair. I do this twice a week, at night and I HAVE to sleep with the plastic bag on my head to keep the HHB from messing up my satin pillow case, and for me, it works!

I've been completely natural for 5 months, which is not a long time. But I believe my hair is healthy, so maybe there is something that I do that you can use. I'm still learning, so my products change but my regimen doesn't change much.

I wash my hair once a week with a shampoo that doesn't contain SLS. I use either Aubrey Organics or Dr. Bronners.

I deep condition weekly with a thick, heavy conditoner. I mix it with oil and honey. The conditioners I like best are LeKair Cholesterol, Aubrey Organics, and Elasta QP's DPR-11 Remoisturizer. I alternate the oils I use each time just because I have so many. I use coconut, olive, almond, sweet almond, safflower, etc...

For my final rinse, I do an ACV.

I trim a little every month. That way I can avoid a mega trim all at once.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
DahomeyAmazon said:
Hi Happylocks,
wave.gif

Thats it.
blush.gif

My staple products:

Hope this helps,
Sia

[/ QUOTE ]

Great routine. Great products.
up.gif
These products work well on my daughter's naturals also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Armyqt,

It took a long time to simplify my routine and find great quality products.
My hair thrives with this combo!
smile.gif

Sia

Thanks everyone for you replay
wave.gif

DahomeyAmazon :While washing or rinsing my hair, I comb thru it, making sure to remove all tangles. I then braid my hair in the shower and put my leave-ins on after getting out of the shower.
I need to try that, When I get out of the shower my hair seem to dry fast, so I dont get to keep to wet and moist

Daughter: I use Kemi 100% shea butter (not the pomade) when twisting my hair, I find this helps moisturise my hair greatly

Do u put the shea butter on when u hair is still wet?

Thanks Chewy, I have been looking for surge n houston and have not been able to find it yet

DelightfulFlame :I wash my hair once a week with a shampoo that doesn't contain SLS. I use either Aubrey Organics or Dr. Bronners,
I have stoped shampooing my hair, but noticed build up, so I plan to start again, I have been using Dr. B peppermint soap, and I have made the mistake of putting it on my hair and scalp, my hair comes out dull and dry looking, but I love the tingles, do u have the peppermint soap? I just need to be more careful and pay alot more attention to my scalp,

Thank u for sharing all of ur regimes
smile.gif
I am taking notes
grin.gif

I'm newly natural myself, just short of 3 months natural. But I have had the same routine throughout my 7 month transition and now that I am natural.

I condition wash (lately with Pantene Hydrating Curls conditioner) on Tues, Thurs and Saturday. I do two strand twist or two strand twist into a bantu knot with shea butter (which makes my hair extra soft). I spray my exposed scalp with Surge. I wear a twist out the following day.

My hair seems really happy and growing well.

I am a PJ...so my products may changed over time...as they already have. But I guess that is how I have found out what works so far...by experimenting.

Have fun trying something new!

[ QUOTE ]
happylocks said:

DelightfulFlame :I wash my hair once a week with a shampoo that doesn't contain SLS. I use either Aubrey Organics or Dr. Bronners,
I have stoped shampooing my hair, but noticed build up, so I plan to start again, I have been using Dr. B peppermint soap, and I have made the mistake of putting it on my hair and scalp, my hair comes out dull and dry looking, but I love the tingles, do u have the peppermint soap? I just need to be more careful and pay alot more attention to my scalp,

Thank u for sharing all of ur regimes
smile.gif
I am taking notes
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I use the aloe baby mild kind of Dr. Bronners. It hasn't dried my hair out any. Lately I've been hooked on AO's Sea Buckthorn though.

Products that I have: Lustrasilk: aloe vera, carrot oil, tea tree, I use all those for deep conditioning,

Castor oil, olive, jasmine, amla, (sometimes used for hot oil treatments)

Wondergro shea butter, , softee indian hemp, Frenchee Super gro,(lose less hair when I comb it out, using frenchees )

I use a wide tooth comb, brush, not boar, I think it is nylon
confused.gif
, I shampoo with peppermint soap but I will have to stop using that on my hair, tell me what I should add or let go ty
smile.gif

Back