I need a quick fix!

jerseyjill

Ok, I made the leap from Natural girl to Texturized Girl. I did it myself with Affirm Fiberguard Mild and it came out great BUT - when it was wet it looked WONDERFUL. I put Infusium Leave in conditioner, some olive oil and Sta Sof Fro - and girlssssss my hair looks like a FLOPPY FRO!!! Now this is not the look I am going for, I want the curly or wavy wet look. I did a search for curl definiton products but I keep getting posts about everything else BUT!
I have a date in 4 hours, what can I run out to the store and get - how is Let's Jam puddin? Any recs -- I truly appreciate!!!

Maybe for the date, it would be best to just pull your hair back into a neat ponytail and worry about figuring out something new tomorrow?

One of my friend's uses the Aveda BeCurly line. Your hair has to be dripping wet. Apply the products and fingerstlye. Don't comb it at all or you will lose the curls. Put a headband on and you have got a really cute curly do.

I thought about that!! Thanks Hairlove. I figured a poneytail slicked down with a side part should get me over. And my daughter has some cute Hawain clips.
Damn, I sure was trying to look wild hair sexy tonite! LOL! I guess Ill look sleek and chic instead!

Thanks Tiger, I think that is where I messed up, I combed through it. I still have time so I am going to rewet it , spray with Sta Sof Fro and finger style. If after 2 hours Im looking good, then BAM! If not, sleek and chic her I come!!

[ QUOTE ]
jerseyjill said:
Ok, I made the leap from Natural girl to Texturized Girl. I did it myself with Affirm Fiberguard Mild and it came out great BUT - when it was wet it looked WONDERFUL. I put Infusium Leave in conditioner, some olive oil and Sta Sof Fro - and girlssssss my hair looks like a FLOPPY FRO!!! Now this is not the look I am going for, I want the curly or wavy wet look.

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminds of something on the Curve website. When I look at the after pictures of women who have gotten Silkners, I suspect that their hair isn't completely dry. It still looks damp.

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
When I look at the after pictures of women who have gotten Silkners, I suspect that their hair isn't completely dry. It still looks damp.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably the Curly Pudding. If you don't diffuse, that product stays damp a looooooong time.
smile.gif

Blue flower -

I have suspected and wondered the same thing!

Sassy Girl,

Have you used the pudding? Staying damp for a while sounds good as long as it's summertime! I thought about trying their pudding but wanted to hear from someone who actually used it to see if its worth the money. I think a cheaper version is Let's Jam pudding.

Now that diffuser you mentioned. If you use it to dry your curls/waves will that prevent shrinkage and allow you to keep some of the legnth thats present when it is wet?
I know some one who diffuses her hair, she has type 3A, but she also diffuses it into an Afro - Im trying to get my hair to hang down not stick up!LOL!

jerseyjill-
I was thinking that the Hair Pudding and Let's Jam pudding were similiar too. They have different ingredients and the LJ Pudding is blue, but I wonder if they work about the same or if one works better than the other. That Hair Pudding from Curve costs a lot! It wouldn't hurt to try Let's Jam or something else to get the wet and wavy look.

I've used the Curly Pudding. Bubble Up Style Pudding, too.
smile.gif
They are nothing like Let's Jam. They are both light and creamy (kinf of like Black & Sassy Creamy Set or a pudding dessert) while Jam is more of a holding gel.
smile.gif
The CP dries stiffer than I'd like... I'm sure I could experiment with different pomades to soften the crunch, though.

I hear ya' on the diffusing. When I tried it, my hair started to shrink so I stopped.
laugh.gif
But the directions that came with the Curly Pudding say, "For curl length, use your fingers to grab a section of hair. Use the nozzle attachment to your blow dryer and blast hot air from root to end in a downward moton. The heat will stretch out the curl."

I haven't tried it yet.

Back