I need a little advice on my touch ups.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
If you can please, look at my avatar and give me advice on how to retouch a relaxer on hair at my length. I won't be relaxing for a few months but I want to be ready when I do. My nape is shaved in the back. That is where the confusion comes in. I'm afraid of overlapping and causing damage. I'm going to relax until I reach SL and then transition to texlax. It's too hard to transition this way.:nono:

Can you rollerset the short parts on small rollers?

That way you can definitely feel where the newgrowth is, but it'll be a little stretched out and easier to get to.

Sorry. I have no advice for you. I have the same problem. My hair is cut in a ear length layerd bob and I cant touch up my air without overlapping. It just too short to avoid it. I was thinking of coating my relaxed ends with Vaseline so it can be protected from the relaxer and not get over processed.

your touch up should be like any other actually. By the time you get around to it, the classic 4 divided parts should suffice for full relax touch up. You will have enough new growth to part(yes even in the back). You may also try touch up time relax nape, and then next time touch up time don't relax nape as a way of alternating to ensure you really don't overlap. (I did this twice when I was short). Just remember to apply your silk amino acids on previously relaxed hair and you are good to go. Now when yo texlax- I have no advice.

Back