I need a good protein treatment...not Aphogee

mags23

I need to find a good protein treatment that won't dry my hair out. Aphogee dries and tangles my hair really bad. Even after I conditoned with ORS. Please help!

yeah the same thing happened to me...I HATED IT. Im sorry I dont have an alternative but I just wanted to say I share your pain. I did that treatment about 3 weeks ago..and its still tangled!

I can't really detangle it because I am on the Dont comb your hair challenge..so I only detangle in the shower.

I hope you find the answer.

Try Mizani Kerafuse Intensive Strengthening Treatment. It has hydrolized wheat protein that adds strength and body. I like it a lot . I even mix it with some Mizani hydrafuse intense moisturizing treatment, just to get some moisture in the mix.

If you try it hope it works.

I think Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Treatment is pretty good...I have also heard some stylist recommend New Era which can be found in the Beauty Supply house.

I had the same problem. Not sure about how much protein but I hear it has a lot I'm using the Mane N Tail products. As soon as I went back to them my hair breakage stopped.

I use the Deep moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

mags23 said:
I need to find a good protein treatment that won't dry my hair out. Aphogee dries and tangles my hair really bad. Even after I conditoned with ORS. Please help!
I think the reason it was so dry is because you followed it with a conditioner that also contained some protein. Try it with Humecto or some other moisturizing conditioner that does not contain any type of protein like the ORS does.:)

mayonnaise. from the fridge. Do your hair in sections and detangle your hair before doing anything to it that has to do with washing. Good luck.

i like Jason's Conditioner For Color Treat/Damage Control. this conditioner gives a nice tingle, softens, and detangles. i don't think it's as strong as aphogee or emergencee, but it makes my hair feel like butter.

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Soft Water), Laminaria Saccharina (French Seaweed Extract), Ceteareth 20, Pyrus Cydonia (Quince Seed), Avena Sativa (Hydrolyzed Oat Protein), Steareth 2, Glycerine (Vege), Squalane (Vege), Sambuca, Canadensis (Elderflower Extract), Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Triticum Vulgare (Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein), Lecithin, Glycine Soja, (Hydrolized Soy Protein), Ulmus Fulva (slippery Elm Bark Extract), Beta Glucan, Planthenol-4â„¢ Complex (Plant Phosolipids, DL-Panthenol, Ethyl Panthenol & Steardimonium Panthenol-Vit. B), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail/Silica Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Folic acid, Carboxy, Butyl Chitosan (Bio-Ferm), Dimenthiconol, Cyclomethicone, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Trimethicone, Natural Floral Essential Oils, Dimethicone, Arbinagalalactan, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit. C), Simethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol Meadowformate, Lactic Acid (pH Balancing), Titanium Dioxide (UVA Screen), Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

I had a similar too much protein problem. After consulting the lovely ladies here I prepoo with Motions CPR and then DC with Kera Care humecto conditioner and my hair was soft and tangle free. Good luck.

ToyToy said:
I too like Nexxus Keraphix a lot! I use Joico K-Pak as well, but I prefer Keraphix!!

I used to use Keraphix a lot and my hair did well with that. I am going to give that a try again when my other products are finished. I have a bit leter of it in my PJ closet already. :sekret:

Back