I need a good overnight moisturizer...

Caramela

I was considering Mizani's overnight Rose H20, but I heard it made some people's hair coarser and damp?? :nono: And it costs $17.95.... are there any cheaper moisturizers that are good for applying to the hair overnight? What about the Oilve Oil Moisterizer by ORS? Or... what are your favorite picks?

Mizani makes my hair dry...I still have a little tub of it but I'm scared to use it because I don't want dry hair, I want moisturized hair. Hello! :look:

I use B&B Oil Moisturizer without Mineral Oil. I also use their "Hair Growth Moisturzier" and Perfect Results Cherry Almond Oil to seal in the moisture. I would say that it's working fine for me. I use it at night and then put my hair in a pony and wrap with my scarf. I shake my hair out in the morning and go. It works. :spinning:

Where did you get the Perfect Results Cherry Almond oil from? I've always had to buy it off my stylist when her supplier comes around and I just give her the money. She uses it as a finishing touch on most of her clients and I love the smell and it can be used for hair and body, right? I want some!

I agree with Lana.
Mizani was not working well for me either plus it was too expensive. I too use BB Moisturizing growth lotion which I think is great. I ran out of it so I started using BB Oil Moisturizer with Castor oil and Aloe this week and it is just as good, my hair is well moisturized. I have 6 weeks of new growth plus some underprocessed growth from my last relaxer and BB keeps it soft when applied, I then seal with African Angel coconut oil which is great.
I would recommend both because I have tried other moisturizers and I always come back to BB moisturizers.

The BB Oil Moisturizer with Castor oil and Aloe has mineral oil and it eventually made my hair hard so I stopped using it. I know alot of people love it but it kind of reminds me of pink lotion. They list the mineral oil ingriedient as parafinnium liquidium (sp?) but it's mineral oil. The original formula didn't have it but it does now. I don't know about the other one that Lana listed above. I just started using Elucence MB conditioner as a moisturizer this week and it seems ok but it's only been a week. I then seal with either Vatika, Wild Growth or Coconut oil. I've been looking for a good moisturizer for the longest and I've tried ALOT.

Thanks for letting me know NYcutiepie I did not know that was a mineral oil ingredient. I guess I have to stick with my BB Growth Lotion although it has Dimethicone in it.
Question - A product with Dimethicone , Is it Bad for your hair? Is it a NO NO. That is the only thing I dont like about it but it works fo me.

You are welcome. I don't think Dimethicone is bad. It's just a cone and I think that some cones build up over time without clarifying. I'm going to look for that BB Growth Lotion and try it too because I'm still searching for the magic potion moisturizer.

I think you should try it, it is even more moisturizing than BB oil moisturizer. After learning that new word for mineral oil I hope it does not have it, although based on how my hair feels with it I would say it definitely does not have mineral oil.

Thanks for letting me know NYcutiepie I did not know that was a mineral oil ingredient. I guess I have to stick with my BB Growth Lotion although it has Dimethicone in it.
Question - A product with Dimethicone , Is it Bad for your hair? Is it a NO NO. That is the only thing I dont like about it but it works fo me.

Isn't dimethicone the ingredient that helps to detangle hair when it's wet? The best detangling conditioner I've ever used has dimethicone in it, it's so slippery and really helps me to detangle my hair very well.
http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/about...oducts^Ingredient_Glossary&Ingred=Dimethicone

I admit it: I am extremely skeptical about any hair product formulated for “night time” use only. :o Unlike skin, which turns over more skin cells at night and can benefit from extra TLC, hair is dead. Therefore, anything you use during the day can very much be used at night.

That said, I tend to apply moisturizers and style my hair at night just to give my products time to absorb and dry and restore moisture lost during the day without being exposed to the elements. I just spray my hair with some S-Curl and tie it up. If my ends are feeling icky, I just apply a little moisturizing cream or some castor oil to the tips and when I wake up, they are nice, supple, and lush again. :yep:

The ingredients in Mizani’s overnight treatment is pretty typical of what’s found in any moisturizer or leave-in conditioner: mostly water, mineral oil, ceteraryl alchohol (a softener), glycerin, and petrolatum. The rest of the ingredients are in small very, very quantities--like panthenol and shea butter.). This is just to say, I’m sure any good, affordably-priced moisturizer will likely work just as well. Just look for something with similar ingredients! Good Luck! ;)

Mizani H2O Intense Ingredients:

FIL CODE 42071 SS5 AQUA/WATER, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, PETROLATUM, PEG-100 STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PARAFFIN, DIMETHICONE, CETEARETH-20, DICETYL PHOSPHATE, CETETH-10 PHOSPHATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, METHYLPARABEN, DIMETHYLPARAMIDOPROPYL LAURDIMONIUM TOSYLATE, PANTHENOL, PROPYLPARABEN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, LAURETH-23, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII/SHEA BUTTER, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA/MATRICARIA EXTRACT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, CHLORHEXIDINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE, AMYL CINNAMAL, BENZYL BENZOATE, LIMONENE, COUMARIN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1, 3-OCTADECANEDIOL, TOCOPHEROL, LINALOOL, RETINYL PALMITATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS/SUNFLOWER SEED OIL, D6776/1. SIZE : NET WT. 5.0 OZ / 142 g

Back