I need a good gel ya'll

Miss_Jetsetter

I need a good gel ya\'ll

Morning! I am around 11 weeks post relaxer and i'm maintaining this ish by doing weekly roller sets. I've been off for the last week so my hair has been looking like whatever, but when i go back 2 work tommorow, i want to do a nice weave pony tail. Any good gel recommendations that do not flake and are prefferably alcohol-free? Thanks!!!

Re: I need a good gel ya\'ll

i dont know if its alochol free, but im now 13 weeks post relaxer and i use Fantasia IC aloe vera gel. it comes in clear and pink. it definitely doesnt flake, and its only about 3.50 i think.

Vonte makes a product that Jill Jones (Toni on Girlfriends) called perm in a jar, but its a pomade. Look at www.vonteproducts.com, I think it is the Silk Effects.Here are some quotes from the site:

Monique of “The Parkers”
BH&T: “Off set and away from hot lights and constant hairstyle changes, how do you care for your hair?” M: “Normally, I pull my hair back into a bun. I don't even stress my hair at all. And, I use this stuff...it’s like magic. Women always say to me, ‘How do you get your hair
pulled so tight?’ It looks like somebody straightened my hair and put wax on it...that’s Silk Effects by Vonté.
Girl, it’s like glue, but it’s hair grease! It is not a gel.
It has made my hair so healthy and so strong.”

Jill Jones of “GIRLFRIENDS”
BH&T: “What are some of your favorite hair products?” J: “Vonte is number one.
It is kind of a pomade It is a perm in a jar.

Golden Brooks of “GIRLFRIENDS”
BH&T: “What are some of your favorite hair products?” G: “I found this new product called Vonte That stuff is like
perm in a jar! I actually turn Jill on to it.
It is this blue gel. I Just slick it down.”

I like Aloe Vera Gel. It keeps my hair soft and doesn't flake or leave any residue and holds just like a regular gel.

Silk Elements Liquid Styling Gel /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back