I need a good DAILY mositurizer!!!

hair911

I am trying not to be a product junkie anymore. So far I have been using only carrot oil. I recently got Organics shea butter and tea tree oil, it's in one bottle. This is not working so I need a good moisturizer. I am keeping my carrot oil because i love it. Ladies I need suggestions for products I can get at the beauty supply store.

Do you wash your hair daily? If you're not washing daily and just need good moisture added then a good daily moisturizer for me is a spray bottle mixture. I use a little bit of leave-in conditioner, oil, distilled water and essential oil. Another mixture that a little thicker is a V05 Conditioner (I prefer using Strawberries n' Cream) with Suave Awupuhi, oil, and distilled water.

hair991,

For the first one, I usually use Proclaim 7 oil or right now I'm using Grapeseed Oil. For the 2nd mixture, I usually use monoi oil or Proclaim 7 Oil.

that's funny hairlove, i do the same thing:)
i mix distilled water with monoi and a leave in (herbal essences) or a regular conditioner (dove). after spraying that mixture on my hair i still have to add some gel because otherwise the front would frizz up a little bit.
i love carrot oil too. i used that for my mixture before too. you can use any oil you want or like.

Nay,

This is what I do...

I hardly ever spray the mixture on the front of my head b/c I know it would disturb the smoothness and I'd have to scarf it all over again! I usually use the 1st mixture on my length before doing a braidout at night. If I don't do a braidout, I just put some ORS Carrot Oil or something on the ends.

The 2nd mixture I use every night and every morning - basically whenever I restyle my hair. I spray it on my nape area. It makes that area so soft and it grows! (I had some breakage there from that relaxer) Oh yeah, I add a rosemary growth mixture to both sprays!

Try 'Dark and Lovely Moisture plus' Oil Moisturizer hairspray.
It really leaves the hair soft for a whole day and it's cheaper than most of the other moisturizers.
smile.gif

I moisturize as needed....sometimes it's not daily. What I use to moisturize is my leave-in and oil. When I need something daily I use a mix of leave-in and distilled water followed up with an oil.

I like ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer because it's thick but not heavy, moisturizes, and tames frizzies (it does wonders when I put some on my edges and brush them down). The scent is what got me the most though. I love it!
laugh.gif

I like ORS Olive Oil Lotion also, after putting that on I will use Kemi Oyl to seal. I am looking into using the glycerin and distilled water mix that some ladies on the board say is really moisturizing.

Organic Root Stimulator olive oil hair lotion, it moisturizes yet wont droop your hair down. The regular olive oil in the round container is great too, but for my hair its too heavy for daily use. Great when I do my wet hairstyles though.

Back