I need a change! Please help!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am at a crossroad. I can't get my hair to do anything I want right now and I'm discouraged. I miss my strait styles and I'm thinking about straitening my hair. I have been thinking about texlaxing, but if I can do the same thing without chemicals, I'm all for it! I have a 3c/ 4a mix. My maxiglide is on the way, but what do you do to if you have a hard time blow drying you hair like me?:ohwell: I am really having a hard time with my hair right now.:wallbash:

DD, i think i may have said this before. you are in the in-between stages.

you're going to have to braid or kinky twist that stuff up until you get through it (if you do indeed wish to stay natural) that's the bottomline no sugacoatin' ~or~ you're going to go right back to where you started from (again) and repeat the cycle of frustration.

if you are determined to put that stuff back in your hair ok, that's fine but why would you do this out of frustration?

making decisions especially (at your length) out of frustration, imho, is a bad move.

concentrate on growing out your hair, i'm thinking that once you get to full shoulder length or longer, you're gonna feel a hella better.

Remember, hair grows best when you leave it alone! you know this, yes? It's also hard to keep coming into hair boards, viewing threads of 50-11 women doing all sorts of stuff to their hair! it's human nature to want to try whatever but you've got to ignore what you see and read from others and stick to what works and/or what you know will work for you - know your weaknesses (and your hair's) and stay focused.

honey, i'm saying this out of love not hate, i see/read you struggling and it hurts me to see you going through this. i really don't want to see you do something (out of frustration) and totally regret it the second you did it.

:Rose:

Last edited:
I agree with the above also...What helped me was keeping my hair in weaves, I gained so much growth...it seemed like everytime I took my hair down, it grew.

LynneB, I'm trying to get a strait style without chemicals.:lachen: I'm afraid that it seems the only way I can do something to my hair, though.:ohwell: This in between stage is a beyach! :blush: I'm frustrated because of my own lack of skills. I'm trying like hell to wait it out because if and when I go back to being texlaxed, I want it to be when I've given being natural a chance. I have 6 months to go before I think of putting chemicals back in my hair, anyway. I'd like to experience a one year nappiversary first. I have a lot of stress that I have to get thru, so I really am trying to do something to my hair to make me feel better.:rolleyes: Maybe I should have worded my thread better, sorry.

with a 3c-4a mix why bother straightening your hair? why not just work with it? that hair type is more curly right? If you need a change why not buy a wig or do a weave or braid it up. I mean if you get a texturizer on that "grade" of hair, won't it get your hair really straight? I would just try to hang in there. :yawn:

I'm not really clear in my post, sorry for that. I'm trying to get a different look since I really can't WNG due to the cold weather here in NY. I just want a different style option. My lack of braid/ twist skills have me discouraged, but I'm not ready to give up being natural. I just want some versatility.:rolleyes:

Back