I Need A 12-Step Program

Daisimae

Hi Ladies:

I've been here exactly one week.

Last week all the hair care I owned was:

Two phony pony's
Generic Nexxus Therappe and Humectress from Sally's
Caruso Hair Setter and 40 rollers (currently in storage)
3/4 of bottle of Hot Six oil a friend gave me unasked. She did my last relaxer and was probably shocked by the condition of my hair.
A vertical blow dryer
A hard hat dryer
A comb
A brush

Now I have in my possession:

Plastic caps
2 satin caps for sleeping and working (I work at home.)
Suave clarifying shampoo
Suave Coconut Conditioner (for co washes)
Aphogee damaged hair treatment (pack)
Aphogee Balancing conditioner (bottle)
Aphogee 2 minute reconstuctor (bottle)
Aphogee leave-in conditioner (bottle)
ORS Olive Oil lotion (bottle)
ORS Carrot Oil (jar)
ORS Replenishing Pak
A human hair wig from NewHair
Clips for my hair under the wig
No-frizz glosser and a spritz for the part of my hair line exposed while I when I wear the wig.
Foam head for the wig
T-pins for the wig
A curling iron for the wig
An assortment of small and large sprayers for the leave-in and moisture spray I use when baggying, (a mix of purified water and the generic Humectress).
Another sprayer for a weaker mix of the moisture spray for blowing out the wig.

I also got a small size travel jar for the carrot oil, purse size sprayers for all this plus the oil for travel, (coming up soon), and travel size bottles for the olive oil lotion, shampoos and conditioners.

I'm still considering buying:

A protein shampoo (I don't know which one yet.)
Castor oil
Profectiv Healthy ends
Profectiv root cream?
ORS Temple fertilizer?
A NewHair synthetic wig (Have an appointment on Wednesday.)
A new Caruso hair setter (Mine is in storage and I don't know where hubby put it when he took it over there.)
A heat cap
A soft bonnet dryer
I've also looked around online for some of the Indian products I read about here, but, haven't brought any yet.

Please help me!!! I still think I need more and I'm still reading about all the other products you all use. The staff at three different Sally stores are starting to recognize me and greet me by name. Hubby has lost most of his space in the bathroom and asks me which Sally's I am going to when I leave home.

Please tell me there is a cure for this.

Thank you.

P.S. On the plus size my hair is super moisturized (from the baggying) and I've gained about a 1/4 inch of new growth in a week.

Last edited:
Quit buying stuff! :lachen:

Daisimae, you are officially a product junky!

I understand how you feel. It's so exciting to get on here and see what everyone else is doing...I can't tell you how much I spent when I first joined (and half the products I didn't even use :look:).

You just need to slow down, and find out which products work best for you.
Also, try to find a hair buddy, someone with your hair type...that way you can see which products work best on them. Good luck, and welcome to the board!

Here is my hair regimen if it helps.

week one:
Moisturize with Aubery organics Honey suckle ( 15 min on dry hair). Shampoo out with porsity control shampoo and then put porsity control conditoner in for 30 sec. I do final rinse with cold water.

Week 2:
Shampoo hair with keratin organic shampoo.
Do a protien treatment with aphogee reconstructure (10 min)
rinse out and condtion hair with giovannie smoth as silk conditoner
final rinse is cold water

Week 3:
Shampoo hair with Keratin organic shampoo.
Do a hot oil treatment with a mixture of wheat germ oil, olive oil, grapeside oil mixed with bb growth oil. Rinse out and condtion with Aveda revatilizing condtioner. Final rinse cold water.

Basically I rotate evry week. One week moisture, next week protien, and the next week hot oil treatment. It helps me to retain length and keeps my hair strong.

Products I use on my hair to comb out after washing are Giovanni direct leave, it is amazing with getting rid of tangles.
IC leave in treatment.

For daily use I use the giovanna direct every two days. I spray the Ic on my hair and scalp everyday. Every two days i also use mizanni h2o night time leave in treatment.

I hope this works for you. I know that buying a lot of products can get u down sometimes, but that is what I had to do to find what products work for my hair. now that I found what works for me my pjism has left me.

Am working on getting some pics up here. I took some pics with my phone now I have to figure how to get them up here:lachen:

Thanks to both of you!

Oh, I see another product I like. What is the keratin organic shampoo you use?

I've washed my hair more often this week, but, starting next week will do it weekly. This week I am going to do the Aphogee for damaged hair. I relaxed my new growth and used permanent color on my hair two and one week ago, respectively. The second week I am going to use the ORS Replenishing Pak. Then I will alternate weeks between the Replenishing Pak and Aphogee conditioner. I am going to pre-poo with the Suave Coconut Conditioner. The Suave clarifying shampoo has been a great first lather, to get everything I've put into my hair out, before I start again. LOL

Every day I've been applying the Carrot Oil to my scalp, in the back where my hair is broken off and damaged. I apply the Carrot oil to my entire scalp every other day. Every other day, I also mist my hair lightly with the mix of purified water and generic Humectress and coat the ends with Hot 6 Oil. I wear a plastic cap for at least six hours, while I work in the evening. The satin cap is for night or when I am working, without the plastic cap.

When I go out I wear a phony pony or now my new wig. I use the ORS olive oil lotion before I start to style and spray Hot 6 Oil on the clips and comb in the wig and phony pony. I need to use a couple of bobby pins when I wear the phony pony. They are sprayed with the oil too.

I like the Aphogee leave-in conditioner I use because it detangles easily and has a heat protectant in it. I blow-dry on a medium setting, because I've never done a roller-set that hasn't come out frizzy and a complete mess. My Sister uses the Mizani h2o. She promised me a sample of it next time we see each other.

Oh... sweetie. I have been battling my pj-ism before I even knew it had a name. I go into convulsions when i can't buy a product. I have even contemplated theft... its that bad. All I can think about is the next fix....HELP ME! I've hit rock bottom.

Thanks ladies, I'm so happy I found fellow addi, ah...um sufferers. LOL Yep, that's what we are.

I also took some pictures of my hair in the wig shop. (I think those NewHair wigs are going to be an addiction all by themselves. :lachen: ) One is in my avatar. Here is the other one. This is after six days of treating it. I couldn't believe it was my hair. It isn't quite as long as it appears, my shoulders were scrunched up a bit. It's just hitting the back of my neck. There is a portion right at the lower back of my head that is tore up!

Hair06071.jpg

Last edited:
but Daisi, what about Keracare products you have to get the ENTIRE line ok?! and you need Nexxus Keraphix for a protein reconstructor, and a biotin shampoo to strengthen, and henna, you gotta try HENNA for conditioning!!!!! and did you buy Cathy Howse's book yet??! and of course you gotta get a round brush and some Lacio Lacio and 10en1 to try a Dominican blowout.... and I think they are still having a sale on MaxiGlides to satisfy all of your flat ironing needs it might not be too late. :angeldevi :angeldevi :sekret:

oh,and don't forget your vitamins! :D

Thank you Dillard...I think. :lol:

I already cased out vitamins at Wal-mart and GNC. Hubby drove me to Wal-mart yesterday because I was too tired. I told him I needed to get a case of water. I repaid his kindness by staying in the store for 60 minutes, while I browsed the vitamin and both hair care aisles. :lachen:

I've had my fingers on Keraphix, at Sally's more times than I can count, but I haven't made it to the register with it...yet. No henna, I like permanent hair color.

I'm dedicated to using up all the product categories I already have before I look at any more brands. But, I am getting low on the Generic Humectress. :grin:

:orders: :orders: STEP AWAY FROM THE DEBIT CARD!!!

Girl try ONE PRODUCT AT A TIME. You'll never know what's working for your hair when you're using all this new stuff at once.

I try one product and if I don't like it I make myself take it back to the store. That way I've got a really simple reg composed of what absolutely works for my hair.

Hi Chayil0427:

That is actually part of my problem. The only products that I have now that are totally new to me are the ones in the ORS line. The wig and all the paraphernalia that go with it are new too. I KNOW the Nexxus products work. I grew my hair out with them a couple of times. My Sister and Cousin also grew their hair out with them. They kept their hair, I didn't. I know Aphogee works too. My stylist used it and carrot oil on me when she grew my hair out.

What I'm wondering is how Aveda works esp, their damaged hair line? I'm also wondering if I really need Keraphix? Should I go looking for Headress? Is the Hot 6 Oil good enough or should I use Castor Oil? Exactly where is my Caruso Hairsetter? Will the clips in the wig take out my temples or should I get Profectiv root cream or ORS Temple fertilizer to strengthen them? Do I REALLY need a heat cap? I never used a protein shampoo would it help? Am I going to actually wear another wig?

Do you see where I am going? I think I'm going to freeze my debit card.

You make an excellent point, I am going to hold off on new things until I see how these are working for me as a group.

Not to encourage your spending, but I think you actually needed all the things you bought. Now you Next to Buy list, you can almost eliminate for now especially the heat cap and soft bonnet dryer (they're the same to me).

Hey sorry it took me so long to repley back. Anyway i use the Millcreek botanicals keratin shampoo. I get it from the vitamin shoppe. what is does is:
Imporve the elasticity of the hair
No sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate
no artificial colors
ph balanced which is so important
Paraben free

Back