I Miss My Hair!!!

NappyMD

So, it's been 2 weeks since I put in kinky twist extensions. They are so cute and easy to care for! :love: They are about the same length as my hair, so no one can tell it's not my usual twist. I was thinking to leave them for like 6 weeks to minimize manipulation.

But I miss my hair! I keep stroking my new growth (wow Megatek/egg cocktail!) and as I go through and update my hairline I stare longingly at my loose hair. I don't even miss it so much as a style as I miss playing with it and styling it. I tried to join a twisting challenge but it was too late. :nono:

What can I do to hold on for a month? Anyone else have this problem? :look:

OMGosh, me too! I just put in braids like two weeks ago and I keep feeling the new growth (I'm surprised how much it's grown/or slipped :look: already) and I miss my hair too. I long to feel it on my neck and back during a cowash but I promised myself I was going to keep my hands outta my hair for at least two more months and as much as five months (I do my own braids, so matting won't be a prob)

Me three. I put my hair in braids 2 weeks ago, and trying to go 6.
Thanks for reminding me to use my Ovation though. I keep playing with my new growth and wondering how much I'll retain in the end.

Yep! Last fall I got kinky twists and took them out after only 2 weeks. This is why I don't wear extensions. I will miss my hair too much.

I feel the same way. I big chopped and got a weave right after because I wasnt sure how I would embrace the short hair, but now all I can think about is 4-6 weeks passing by so I can play with my hair again!!

Yep! Last fall I got kinky twists and took them out after only 2 weeks. This is why I don't wear extensions. I will miss my hair too much.

:lachen: Girrrl, I feel you! Mine are out already! I had mine done for vacation, and said that I would keep them in for at least a month. Didn't happen! I really missed my hair. :nono:

I know how you feel!!!

I started to miss my hair 3 weeks after putting a sew-in. It's been 6 weeks now and I still have 2 more weeks to go. I can't wait!!

I keep mine in the whole 6 to 8 weeks the way I cope is by thinking of the 5hrs it took me to put them in how busy I am (I work extreme shifts), and the manipulation my hair would have to go through if I took them out, I also visualise my hair growing nicely protected. THINK OF THE GROWTH!!!!

I feel you girl! I am on my third week and I feel miserable. The time seems like it is dragging for me in these twists. I am trying to stretch until December, so I am trying to keep these in for a minimum of 13 weeks before I start to wig it 'til December.

I cope by reminding myself that I am not even APL yet, but if I want to get there or really close, I will need to suck it up and keep these bad boys in.

I totally understand you, I did some box braids 2 weeks ago (trying out a new transition style) with my hair only. I felt I needed a little break from my hair, now I can't wait till I get home this evening so I can take them out, I MISS my hair!

That's why I stopped with extension if anything I'll go with a weave if I feel the need to hide my hair. What I did was I washed my hair more often but not too often. That and I undid a couple of the braids and twisted my own hair.

Um, does anybody have any coping strategies or are we all just miserable? :look:

I have been getting my hair barley rolled (no extensions) and fighting myself to keep it in for two weeks even though people thought I was taking it out too early. After one week I am chomping at the bit to wash my hair! Once I gave in a cowashed with a stocking over my head and the style held up pretty well but didn't look as fresh as I would like anymore.

I have worn a weave or extensions since I did the bc and don't know if I could take it. I need to wash my hair at least once a week for my sanity. I love to play in my hair and can't wait to have more of it to play with!

I got a weave, at least I can play with that fake hair, lol! It's my first weave since becoming natural 4 years ago. I felt like I needed a drastic change, plus I knew I was going to be very busy for at least 2 months. So it's not really coping, I just don't have the time.

Last edited:
I have had tree braids for 5 weeks and I miss my hair too. I'm going to try my Moe grow oil since its in braids.

ditto - i thought i was being strong for waiting out my lil 2 weeks...i was ready to feel my hair again after the first 5 days :look:

Back