I MISS MY HAIR? What's the shortest amount of time that you wore your braids in?

Smiley79

:look: I got issues y'all, lol. I just got braids about 3 1/2 weeks ago and I already miss my hair and am ready to take these suckers out.:nono: I know after sitting for 7 hours the average person would keep these things in for atleast 3 months but I'm so antsy to go back to my hair. I'm so in love with the leisure of my half wigs for protective styling that I now miss them dearly. (You'd think I was talking about a person huh?) Anywho, just felf like sharing. I'm trying so hard to make it to 8 weeks; that ofcouse feels like an eternity. Looks more like 6 weeks if I keep feeling like this, lol.

Shortest time-10 days.
Longest time - 45 days. My hair dreaded. I'll never do that again.
Average time - 3 weeks

I have taken my braids out in 6 weeks. Making it to 8 weeks is really good for me. I think pro-braid wearers make it to 3 months or longer but I don't think the average person does. So don't feel bad. I think the average is 6 to 8 weeks. I have only had 1 set of kinky twists that I kept in longer than 8 weeks. I probably wouldn't do it again.

I only kept them in 8 weeks or more because my braider kept fussing at me for taking them out so quickly and it was pricey. Now that I am learning to do them myself, I will probably only keep them in 4 weeks at a time before I redo them.

My Mom usually keeps her braids in for 5-6 months. This weekend I was telling her to take them out (the set she put in back in MAY!) and she was convinced they can go a few more weeks :perplexed She doesn't take very good care of her hair in the braids and her hair is still APL on it's way to BSL :lol:

I usually try to keep them in for 3 months. However, I've had my current set for 7 weeks and I really want to take them out! But I'm gonna make them last for at least another 4-5 weeks.

I feel you! I have cornrows now. I'm on week 1 and I am already ready to see my hair again! :lol: But everytime I think of the $100 I dropped on these 'rows.... I try to squeeze in another day! :lol:

me to! ive have my braids in for a month and a half, im trying go longer then 3 months (re-do the ones that are loose and remove build up) and take them out in December but i miss my hair too. i had about 3 inches of hair before i installed the braids so im hoping the longer i keep them in ill retain the most length possible because im tired of this TWA, that's the only thing that's keeping me from taking them out. haha

This is exactly why i never put my kinky twists in. I can't not see my hair everyday. If i can't do what i want to my hair without extensions then i just practice similar styles. I can't ps with extensions. I just can't leave my hair alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I always feel this way when I get braids/ weaves in. I usually last 3-5 weeks cuz I get so antsy. I think the longest I ever went was 7 weeks and that's cuz I was in Hawaii and didn't have anyone to style my hair so I was scared (still ended up taking it out lol). I have like hair separation anxiety or something :lol:

Hmm I guess I got y'all beat, lol. I hate havining anything in my head, but I really really wanted braids, so I let my friend cornroll myhair into a ponytail. It was really cute and I keep it up for all of 2 days before I took it out. The longest was 2 months, but that was when I had some patience, lol.

LOL!!!! You all are hilarious. I love LHCF. Whenever you feel like you're the only one, you can always count on a pack of folks that feel the exact same way you do. I love it!!!! lol. well, I really hope I can make it to atleast 6 wks and wishful thinking 8 weeks. But anyday now, don't be surprised if you read a post from me saying I took them out and happily ran back to my half wigs. :)

Shortest was 2 weeks.

I had braids with extensions and my boyfriend at the time called them "ruffians" because the extensions where rough on his skin (he says). He said he missed my hair loll.

:look: I got issues y'all, lol. I just got braids about 3 1/2 weeks ago and I already miss my hair and am ready to take these suckers out.:nono: I know after sitting for 7 hours the average person would keep these things in for atleast 3 months but I'm so antsy to go back to my hair. I'm so in love with the leisure of my half wigs for protective styling that I now miss them dearly. (You'd think I was talking about a person huh?) Anywho, just felf like sharing. I'm trying so hard to make it to 8 weeks; that ofcouse feels like an eternity. Looks more like 6 weeks if I keep feeling like this, lol.

You're almost at a month which isn't bad imo. When I wore braid extensions I used to get them redone about every two months. It never occurred to me to go longer than that except for the time when I did it deliberately coz I used them to start locs. I haven't learned to wear a sew in weave for more than about a week yet. I guess I prefer insta-weaves and wigs to having the wefts sewn directly on to my head.

I had a sew in for the first time in a long time about a year ago and I took it out three days later. It was too itchy, too fake, and just wasn't the new natural me. I wanted my natural locks back!

Shortest & Longest- 36 hours

I am not doing braids and extentions ever again. I am just sticking to my own hair. Tried that for one week, but it got frizzy fast since i am hair challenged.

The ladies who posted their shortest time in "hours" format are really making me feel so good right now! lol. Someone mentioned above the exact way I feel and that hair seperation is serious sometimes. ;( I'm glad I tried the braids (first time rocking Sengalese twists) but I realize that instant weaves and wigs are more up my alley since I can't be away from my hair for long. We'll see how it goes. Keep the stories coming though... :)

I've been wearing braids consistently since December 2009. I take them out one-by-one every 6 weeks and rebraid. I miss my hair but I don't try to remove them because there's something I'm trying to accomplish and that is to get my hair long. I had a major setback in October 2009 therefore by hiding my hair for two years, I expect to have about 7 inches of new growth when I remove the braids anytime after 2011. I treat my hair like dreads so that I don't yearn to do anything to it but wash and condition. It's hard but it's doable.

Back