I may have asked before....

kbragg

But can somebody please tell me how to moisturize? I've read that you moistruize then seal the ends with oil. What do you do the next day? Do you just moisturize over the previous days oil? TIA:)

There are TONS of ways to moisturize! I base mine on how my hair feels (overly dry, greasy, limp, etc)... But as far as how I moisturize most consistently, I use Design Essentials leave-in and seal with either serum or oil. I choose serum if my hair is poofy or frizzy. Some folks use liquid leave-ins, but I like 'em creamy. I also can't risk my hair poofing out on me!!

I usually co wash everyday use a creamy leave in and seal with oil or use a watery leave in and a moisturizer and then seal. If i cant wash one day for some reason i just use a little more oil bc from my understanding once u seal no more moisture can penetrate it. then ill wash the next day.

I like to use a dime size of moisturizer either Humectress, carrot Creme, NTM and seal it in w/Jojoba oil. Since Jojoba oil can actually penatrate the hair strands and don't just sit there, I have no problem w/doing it again if needed. Normally for my hair whatever I use as my leave in on wash day is fine until next wash.
Right now I'm in braids and have been using Carrot Creme on my ends and mixed w/100% natural coconut oil daily and that hasn't caused any build up for me either. Now when I'm wearing protective styles I moisturize more than when I'm wearing my hair out.

I co wash every other day and apply Giovanni Direct Leave In (it's a creamy leave in) and seal with coconut oil. On the days I don't co-wash I moisturize with Profectiv Breakfree and seal with coconut oil or WGO.

Back