I made the switch to lye without realizing it

I've been noticing that my hair was shedding excessively but could never pinpoint exactly why.Today as I went into the beauty supply store i checked out the creme of nature no base relaxer the hairstylist put in my hair the past two perms and saw that it was lye. Now i figure thats why my hair is falling out because Ive always used a no lye relaxer. What to do? Can I make the switch back to no lye? Anything that stops chemical shedding? <font color="blue"> </font>
fishslap.gif

Hi Meinzzfuture,
wave.gif

First try a good protein conditioner to stop the breakage. Give Aphogee treatment for dry/damaged hair, or Nexxus Emergencee or Nexxus Keraphix a try. Remember to follow up any protein treatment with a good moisturizing conditioner for 15-30 minutes.
smile.gif
Once the breakage starts to slow down, you can switch back to a no-lye relaxer if you like. That shouldn't be a problem.
smile.gif

I really don't see why switching would make your hair fall. I have been switching back and forth and I have not had any noticable effects. In fact, I can point all of my damage at heat and bleach.

It shouldn't be shedding from this
crazy.gif
Lye is better for the hair. Nevertheless, do some good conditioning to stop whatever is causing the shedding.

Back