I made my own end/hairline cream!

Tracy

In preparation for my attempt at the bun challenge, I was looking for a suitable treatment to use on my ends and hairline daily, and that wouldn't involve buying yet another seperate product.

I wanted something different from what I already had in the way of moisturizers and pomades.

Why? I am obsessed for some reason with the testimonies of "Yvette" the poster from BHC whose posts honeyrockette saved and posted here, and how she grew her hair by bunning it and putting conditoner and water on her ends. So I was looking for a similar "mixture" to put on mine.
smile.gif

I came up with this - St. Ives Vanilla and Edelwiess conditioner (which makes my wet hair too soft to use as a traidtional conditioner) and Kemi Oyl...

It turned out to be a WONDERFUL mix on my ends and hairline. My hair is really soft lotsa moisture no grease. I have to evaulate it over a few days to test the build-up and weight aspects - but I think I likey!
clap.gif

Well, currently I'm in the process of transitioning and the combination I came up with mainly for my new growth, but my ends and hairline are included, is S-Curl Moisturizer and Kemi-Oyl. This combination is the best and if it continues to work, it'll be a fairly easy transition.

Thanks for sharing. I read that article as well and found her method of hair growth/maintance very interesting.
smile.gif

Two post with Kemi-Oyl in common as part of the mix. Hmmmmm
scratchchin.gif
What are the ingredient in the Kemi?

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmmm What are the ingredients in the Kemi?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gurl - that's between the lord and a lamppost - cuz Kemi ain't tellin'!
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

In our chat with Kemi on the board, they said they had trade secret rights to their ingredients list, which means they don't have to tell us because they have special legal permission not to. It allows them to protect the marketability (and thereby, the market value) of their formula - they maintain the uniqueness of their product because no one can replicate it exactly by using their ingredient list (kinda like how HW Beauty does with ORS - y'know?) .

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know that's right! After reading you post I pulled out a jar of their Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade and the "recipe" is: <ul type="square">
Shea Butter
Essential Oils
Herbal Complex
Fragrance [/list]

I guess they don't just think they're so smart the really are!
ohwell.gif

hmm...all these years and I still have not tried Kemi-Oyl. Now, I have tried their conditioning braid spray (or I would use it as such...It was basically a water based spray by them). Now that was moisturizing.

Maybe I'll go ahead and invest in some of the actual oil.
Would you all say that it is better than Hot Six Oil?

I just use A and D Ointment on my hairline. It is the absolute best.

Back