i made my own clip-in extensions

sunshinebeautiful

I had a formal event to attend last night and I wanted some extra hurr to swang, so I decided to clip in a few extensions to give me added thickness and length.

The only thing is I wish I had bought some longer hair. I got 12" extensions and it was only a few inches longer than my own hair. Next time I'm going all out with the 18" extensions.

I only have one pic. Just wanted to share. Hope it doesn't come out too big. :look:

preservingmysexy.jpg

looks natural:yep:..I want to try this,not for length..but for color. I want highlights...how did u clip it 2 your hair?

looks natural:yep:..I want to try this,not for length..but for color. I want highlights...how did u clip it 2 your hair?

Well, I was going to sew the wefts to the clips, but I didn't have time for all of that yesterday.

I bought a few packs of clips from Sally's. They look like this:
11TVB9C1PWL._AA280_.jpg

You can snap them open and slide the weft onto the clip and snap it back shut. I measured how long to make each row and attached the weft to the clip. Then I just clipped them in and they stayed in place all night. :yep:

Well, I was going to sew the wefts to the clips, but I didn't have time for all of that yesterday.

I bought a few packs of clips from Sally's. They look like this:
11TVB9C1PWL._AA280_.jpg

You can snap them open and slide the weft onto the clip and snap it back shut. I measured how long to make each row and attached the weft to the clip. Then I just clipped them in and they stayed in place all night. :yep:

OMG!! I didn't know that you could use them without sewing them on. I would be so afraid I'd have a hanging track in the middle of one of those throwing your head back laughing times! LOL:grin::grin::grin::grin:

OMG!! I didn't know that you could use them without sewing them on. I would be so afraid I'd have a hanging track in the middle of one of those throwing your head back laughing times! LOL:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Hahaha.I remember this thread. I was about to pop the extensions back in today for a change of pace.

I didn't sew them on the track because I was lazy, it was last minute, and ran out of time, but they stayed in. :yep:

A couple of girls I work with do this all the time. It is so natural, you can't even tell. They love it because you can my them as thick or thin as you want. They sew like 4 or even more wefts to a clip.

Subscribing, will read this some more when I get off from work today. I think I want to try and get those clips too.

That is really neat. And you and your hair looked beautiful.

Thanks for sharing. I may be trying that technique out myself.

Back