I made a decision--HF 37!!!

RabiaElaine

After much research, I have decided to go with HF 37 to help speed up my growth. I know, I know it's expensive, but I really want long hair and if I can speed up the process any I want to do it. If I get the niacin flush (thanks for explaining that to me Boadicea;) ) I will then try Hairtopia. I paid for 2 day express delivery so hopefull they will be here by Friday.

I am going to document my progress with them. I can't wait to get started!

Any ladies with HF 37 progress results, please let me know what they are.

I tried HF 37 a while ago. Its a good vitamin. I cant remember how much I gained but It does work. I however had to stop using it because I couldn't handle the the niacin flush. Since then I have swithed to Hairtopia which I love and is easier for me to take. I fell off though and haven't taken them since the summer but I plan to start again soon. Good luck with the growth!

In 2002-2003 I used HF 37 before learning about black hair care needs, within 2-3 weeks i noticed about 3/4 inch of newgrowth, plus my hair appeared much thicker and stronger. the secong month my growth spurted to 1 inch. i couldn't stick with due to the high expense I switched to an excellent replica of this product, which yielded the same results at less expeense to my pockets. it called Holland and barratts Amino Acid 1500, i took 6 a day and 2 a day of a their b-complex vitamins. I plan to go back to them to assist me in transitioning to natural. they really worked wonders on my hair.

I have been on them for a month and I notice my new growth is much thicker and stronger than before. I am almost afraid of the new growth!
I am going into my 7 week post relaxer and my hair feels like a bush underneath! It is definitely a different texture. I cant wait for my relaxer. I am still trying to decide if I should wait until April! I found it to be cheaper for right now to sign up for the membership. I think I am going to try to stick with this for a year and see what happens. After that I get the results I want, I will find an over the counter vitamin supplement that can help me maintain. Hopefully.

Good luck!!

Ar010 said:
I tried HF 37 a while ago. Its a good vitamin. I cant remember how much I gained but It does work. I however had to stop using it because I couldn't handle the the niacin flush. Since then I have swithed to Hairtopia which I love and is easier for me to take. I fell off though and haven't taken them since the summer but I plan to start again soon. Good luck with the growth!

Do you know how much hair you have gained with Hairtopia?

Boadicea said:
I hope it works out for you! Let us know! :D

Thanks Boadicea, I'm praying that I don't get the niacin flush. They claim not everyone gets it. If its too much for me to handle I'll switch and try hairtopia.

mrslee said:
I have been on them for a month and I notice my new growth is much thicker and stronger than before. I am almost afraid of the new growth!
I am going into my 7 week post relaxer and my hair feels like a bush underneath! It is definitely a different texture. I cant wait for my relaxer. I am still trying to decide if I should wait until April! I found it to be cheaper for right now to sign up for the membership. I think I am going to try to stick with this for a year and see what happens. After that I get the results I want, I will find an over the counter vitamin supplement that can help me maintain. Hopefully.

Good luck!!

Thanks Den,

I was thinking about doing the subscription too, but I decided to try it for 1 month first and then sign up if I don't have any adverse side effects. I hope to increase my growth to 1 inch per month. That would be amazing for me!! I only need 10 inches to reach the top of my bra-strap (I have a short torso, lucky me :D )!! If I can gain/retain 10 inches by the beginning of next January, I will be soooooooooooooooooooo hhhhaaaappppyyyyy:grin: .

How much growth do you think you have gotten since you started? What do you normally get?

crml_buttafly said:
hmmmmm interesting!

how much are these and what is a niacin flush?

Well for a one month supply of Step 1 and Step 2 it's $49.99. If you order a 2 month supply it's a little less. If you get a subscription with them for 6 or 12 months it's even less.

The niacin flush is a reaction that some people experience because of the niacin that is in the vitamins. Basically you feel really warm for 30-45 minutes after taking the vitamin, then it goes away. It helps if you drink an extra glass of water. Not everyone gets them though. Boadicea experienced the niacin flush so she switched to Hairtopia which does not contain niacin. While she was on HF 37 she got an inch per month for 7 months. I decided to risk the flush since it doesn't do anything to you long term for an inch per month. If i get the niacin flush, and can't deal with it, I'll try Hairtopia next.

RabiaElaine said:
Do you know how much hair you have gained with Hairtopia?

I took the Hairtopia Total, it comes with an extra herbal vitamin. i remember gaining about 1-1/2 inches a month. Some others calim more growth with a good nutritional diet.

Ar010 said:
I took the Hairtopia Total, it comes with an extra herbal vitamin. i remember gaining about 1-1/2 inches a month. Some others calim more growth with a good nutritional diet.

That's great!! That's a lot of growth!! Why did you stop if you don't mind my asking? Side effects?

I'm going to see how it goes wit HF 37 first, if it doesn't work out I'll try hairtopia.

RabiaElaine said:
That's great!! That's a lot of growth!! Why did you stop if you don't mind my asking? Side effects?

I'm going to see how it goes wit HF 37 first, if it doesn't work out I'll try hairtopia.

I just haven't reordered because I became a natural PJ trying so many new products. But Now that Im narrowing down my staples I will be back on the vitamins before the summer. There we no side affects at all, the best thing about them for me too is that they come in capsuls so that i can open the powdered vitamins in a spoon because I have trouble taking pills.

RabiaElaine said:
Thanks Den,

I was thinking about doing the subscription too, but I decided to try it for 1 month first and then sign up if I don't have any adverse side effects. I hope to increase my growth to 1 inch per month. That would be amazing for me!! I only need 10 inches to reach the top of my bra-strap (I have a short torso, lucky me :D )!! If I can gain/retain 10 inches by the beginning of next January, I will be soooooooooooooooooooo hhhhaaaappppyyyyy:grin: .

How much growth do you think you have gotten since you started? What do you normally get?

Oh, I saw Den's name and didnt realize the question was directed at me. Sorry. I usually gain .5 inches a month, but since I have been doing the vits among other things, I have gained .75. My month will actually end on Friday.

Is the Niacin flush really that bad....like Menopausal or something. I could probably use it anyway b/c I'm always cold. :-)

But no more new goodies for me until April.

I can't wait!!! I called them yesterday, and they said that it was shipping out yesterday and that I would get it by friday!!!

If anyone who is thinking about trying it wants to wait for me to finish my one month supply before ordering their's, I'm fine with being a gineau pig :). I will try to document with pictures of both my hair and nail (it's supposed to help them also!!). They say you should start to see results within 30-45 days, so I may have to order a second month's supply to get to 45 days if I don't see any results in 30 days.

I may be ordering this soon. It has a 45day money back guarantee, so that should be plenty of time to see a difference in growth (or not). I was going to try Capilong, but I think I like the idea of using something that works internally.

I have been getting a slight headache from step 1 which has niacin flush. I decided to give my body a break and start again this weekend. I think I need to drink more water when I take it. I was drinking 16oz of water with the pills but may need to add a little more to see if slight headaches go away. By the way the slight headache for me last all day. It is either more water I need or body just getting use to product. I am going to try it another week or two and then make a decsion. :look:

RabiaElaine said:
I can't wait!!! I called them yesterday, and they said that it was shipping out yesterday and that I would get it by friday!!!

If anyone who is thinking about trying it wants to wait for me to finish my one month supply before ordering their's, I'm fine with being a gineau pig :). I will try to document with pictures of both my hair and nail (it's supposed to help them also!!). They say you should start to see results within 30-45 days, so I may have to order a second month's supply to get to 45 days if I don't see any results in 30 days.

OH I forgot to talk about my nails! When I was in high school I had long strong nails. After kids and several years later, I started getting acrylic cause my nails broke all the time and looked horrible. I usually give my nails a break from acrylic during the winter months and start back up in the spring. Well let me tell you, my nails are growing long and strong again. I dont wear any polish and my nail beds look like I have a clear coat over them. Theylook beautiful again! I am looking at them all the time, cause I cant believe it! :)

mrslee said:
OH I forgot to talk about my nails! When I was in high school I had long strong nails. After kids and several years later, I started getting acrylic cause my nails broke all the time and looked horrible. I usually give my nails a break from acrylic during the winter months and start back up in the spring. Well let me tell you, my nails are growing long and strong again. I dont wear any polish and my nail beds look like I have a clear coat over them. Theylook beautiful again! I am looking at them all the time, cause I cant believe it! :)

Oooo la la, I can't wait to have pretty long nails too:grin: !!! I was doing research this morning so that I could find a digital camera that I liked so that I don't have to rely on my coworker to take pictures for me. I hope to get one very soon!!

I think I may return to these viatmins. Ever since I switched to a new brand, being cheap, my hair has been weak and breaking alot.

I also read Cathy Howse's book and she aid that internal protein does no good for the hair. I wanted to believe her (again, to be cheap) but I think internal protein does work after all.

melodee said:
I think I may return to these viatmins. Ever since I switched to a new brand, being cheap, my hair has been weak and breaking alot.

I also read Cathy Howse's book and she aid that internal protein does no good for the hair. I wanted to believe her (again, to be cheap) but I think internal protein does work after all.

Melodee,

What was your growth rate like when you were on them??

melodee said:

Soooo... are you saying once you stop taking the HF37 your hair can revert back to its old ways. :(

mrslee said:
Soooo... are you saying once you stop taking the HF37 your hair can revert back to its old ways. :(

I know this question was for Melodee, but I was concerned about this too. I asked the company about this and their response was, when you stop taking HF 37 it's not going to do anything bad to your hair, but that you hair would eventually return to normal. So the growth rate would return to normal, the sheen of the hair would return to normal, the thickness would return to normal etc. So this is just like with taking any vitamin that improves the hair, when you stop taking it the hair goes back to its normal state as the roots grow out.

RabiaElaine said:
I know this question was for Melodee, but I was concerned about this too. I asked the company about this and their response was, when you stop taking HF 37 it's not going to do anything bad to your hair, but that you hair would eventually return to normal. So the growth rate would return to normal, the sheen of the hair would return to normal, the thickness would return to normal etc. So this is just like with taking any vitamin that improves the hair, when you stop taking it the hair goes back to its normal state as the roots grow out.

OK! Thanks. I guess I will just have to do the best I can at maintaining with eating healthy and taking supplements consistently. I am looking for the length from these vits, I think I can handle the sheen and thickness without HF 37. Right now I signed up for the 1 year membership and I just received a one month supply today! Right on time cause I had one more dose left!

mrslee said:
OK! Thanks. I guess I will just have to do the best I can at maintaining with eating healthy and taking supplements consistently. I am looking for the length from these vits, I think I can handle the sheen and thickness without HF 37. Right now I signed up for the 1 year membership and I just received a one month supply today! Right on time cause I had one more dose left!

I want length and increased growth rate from them too. Once I reach my desired length (assuming they are working for me) I will probably stop after a little while. At least by then I'll know if they work for me and will know that when I want to increase my growth rate I can always go back to them.

(Mine should get here today...I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME!!!!!:bouncegre :woot: :yay: :dance7: )

Back