I love this Ficcare

anon123

I know this clip doesn't get much love here like it does elsewhere, but it's great! :grin: If only it weren't so pricey, I would definitely have more than one. :giggle: I have the Maximas clip. This is the website for them:

http://ficcare.com/Categories.aspx?id=1

Really, there is no other clip like this that I've found. Those little cheap clips from the local beauty supply store just can't measure up. For a visual comparison, comparing the bss clips to a Ficcare is like comparing this:

7561015910.jpg

to this:

biona-coconut-oil.jpg

:lol: I'm so serious when I say it, too. It is the best and easiest clip for me to hold my hair up when I'm doing anything. I can put my hair up easily and it stays. For example, when trying to do the Southern Tease bun using a cheap clip, it was so useless. It couldn't hold anything! And the edges were all sharp. I felt like I was trying to pin my hair up with jagged scissors. :perplexed

The Maximas clip can hold a lot of hair. I have thick hair and the number of accessories that can really handle my hair is few. The clip prongs themselves are thick and sturdy, but it's the spring that I think makes the most difference. Anyway, here are some pictures of how I can use it. I have the large size from the Lotus Jewel collection in the color gold. Please excuse the tag in one photo; it was the first day I got it and I was trying out styles deciding if I would keep it.

ficcareredsweater-1.jpg

If you want to try them in person, you can go to the accessories department at Nordstrom's. For the ladies in Europe, I know shipping there is high. There is also a European site where they sell some (not as much variety) and the prices are a bit higher:
http://www.stone-bridge.co.uk/ficcare-clips-34-c.asp

They are pretty and very sturdy. I have several. I don't use them much anymore though. They all look just like they did the day they were shipped to me many many years ago.

Very pretty! What sizes do you ladies have?

Thank you. I have just the one, a large Maximas. I think it is the clip that can hold the most hair. I ordered a medium last summer and quickly sent it back. It was definitely too small for my thick natural hair, though I'm sure it would have been more useful if my hair had been straightened. The Innovation clips also hold less hair than the Maximas. So do the Signature clips. I think those are meant to sort of hold a bun by piercing it, like hair sticks, and not actually hold all the hair.

I soooo glad you posted this! I saw a clip much like yours in some ladies hair this weekend...

and as usual I *heart* your hair....love the half up half down look!

Oh, beautiful clip and hair, mwedzi!

I love my Ficcare accessories; I only have 2 of them so far. I have the Maximas Clip (large, black) and a headband (skinny thin, black). Yes, Ficcare items are expensive, but the price is justified for me when I add up money wasted on plastic clips that broke and ended up in the trash. :ohwell: And the headband is so comfortable, I could sleep in it, if I wanted.

Here are a couple of pics of my 3-day-old twistout put in an updo with my black Maximas Clip:

102_0685.jpg

102_0683.jpg

Last edited:
Your hair looks nice. I have a large one that I don't wear often becuase I've noticed that it causes a little tension. The hold is very strong and excellent though. Plus it's easy to use.

Oh, beautiful clip and hair, mwedzi!

I love my Ficcare accessories; I only have 2 of them so far. I have the Maximas Clip (large, black) and a headband (skinny thin, black). Yes, Ficcare items are expensive, but the price is justified for me when I add up money wasted on plastic clips that broke and ended up in the trash. :ohwell: And the headband is so comfortable, I could sleep in it, if I wanted.

Here are a couple of pics of my 3-day-old twistout put in an updo with my black Maximas Clip:

102_0685.jpg

102_0683.jpg

Very nice. They are really comfortable. I slept in my Maximas, but I've heard it's possible to flatten them that way, so I stopped. I would like a comfortable head band, since all the ones I have pinch. Maybe when day when I am more monied I'll get a Ficcare head band.

Your hair looks nice. I have a large one that I don't wear often becuase I've noticed that it causes a little tension. The hold is very strong and excellent though. Plus it's easy to use.

Thanks. Sorry it's uncomfortable for you. Your hair is a lot longer than mine, maybe that's why. Maybe you can check out the Ficcare thread on Long Hair Community for some styles that won't pull. There are a lot of women there with very long hair that seem to find them comfortable.

This was a very beneficial thread. I'm glad you tipped off those of us in OT. My hair is low-density AND thin-stranded so I at most I would need a medium. I am off to their site now. :yep:

I won't compliment mwedzi's pics because I feel any words I could come up with would be embarassingly inadequate. The best I can do is to say that your hair is human art.

I don't even own clips for the very reason you spoke about Mwedzi.

I will have to check into this one. If it works on yours I am sure it will work on mine.

Maybe celebrate my 5 years in December with this as a nice present to me. :yep:

Wow, thanks for this! I've been looking at them wondering if they could even come close to holding thick natural hair. You've convinced me. Will definitely be looking into this (maybe as a gift to myself).

Except it seems like the only difference between large and medium is the length, so that wouldn't really affect how much hair (volume) each holds, right?

Very pretty!

Adding to my wish list, every clip I have ever owned (relaxed & natural) has been broken by my hair. I stopped buying them years ago.

This was a very beneficial thread. I'm glad you tipped off those of us in OT. My hair is low-density AND thin-stranded so I at most I would need a medium. I am off to their site now. :yep:

I won't compliment mwedzi's pics because I feel any words I could come up with would be embarassingly inadequate. The best I can do is to say that your hair is human art.

You are too much :blush: Thank you!

I do think a medium would be good for you.

I don't even own clips for the very reason you spoke about Mwedzi.

I will have to check into this one. If it works on yours I am sure it will work on mine.

Maybe celebrate my 5 years in December with this as a nice present to me. :yep:

Do it! You will love it.

Very pretty!

Adding to my wish list, every clip I have ever owned (relaxed & natural) has been broken by my hair. I stopped buying them years ago.

I know what you mean. These are built to last.

I just bought a medium Maxima thanks to this thread. In my mental movie, I have a thicket of jawdropping, superbly textured hair like mwedzi's and I just reach up and casually twist it into my clip. :lol:

PJs like me have no business coming onto the Hair Board!!

Thanks. Sorry it's uncomfortable for you. Your hair is a lot longer than mine, maybe that's why. Maybe you can check out the Ficcare thread on Long Hair Community for some styles that won't pull. There are a lot of women there with very long hair that seem to find them comfortable.

Thanks for mentioning that thread. I saw you beautiful hair pics over there too. I'm going to look for new hair styles and start wearing my Ficcare again soon.

I just bought a medium Maxima thanks to this thread. In my mental movie, I have a thicket of jawdropping, superbly textured hair like mwedzi's and I just reach up and casually twist it into my clip. :lol:

PJs like me have no business coming onto the Hair Board!!

*insert evil laugh* My plan has worked!

evilgenius-2.jpg

^^^^

:lachen: It sure did!

But I called them back and switched it to a large when I saw that my favorite hairstyle 'The Peacock" calls for a larger clip to fit around the column of hair. Also, you are right that my curls, while fine and low-density, do puff up to a deceptively higher volume 2-3 days after my wash.

I'm hoping it won't be too big after all, but
they seemed to allow exchanges.

I thanked your post, but I didn't mean it; I wish I had not clicked on the thread in the first place. :lol: I am always eying Ficcares on LHC, getting on the site and then arguing with myself that I cannot justify the price. But now I just got done calculating my tax refund, and I'm tempted to treat myself. The Lotus Jewels... :drunk:

Your hair looks so pretty in the Ficcare pictures, especially the style in the third picture. :yep:

Back