I love RAW organic coconut oil for my hair!

vevster

I have finally found the perfect hair dressing. I use this on my ends and they are not greasy, just perfectly moisturized.

I use this on my body as well.

Any one else??

yep, i love organic coconut oil as well. its the perfect oil for my hair and i love the smell. coconut oil is of the best if not the best oils around.

Height said:
Okayyyyyyyyyyyy.

All righhhhhhhhhhhhht.

Anyway, can you find raw organic coconot oil at any health food store? I have never seen it, but I would like to try it.

i just started using coconut oil on my hair and body a few weeks ago. This oil is great! My ends stay nice and moisturized and my skin is so soft. This stuff even helped to clear up some stubborn eczema spots on my body.

I used refined coconut oil for many years and was cool with it. Then I read somewhere that unrefined oil has cleansing, anti-fungal properties. I went out and got some and I LOVE it. I apply it every night to my hair and scalp and rinse in the morning. I use this instead of shampoo or conditioners. My hair is soft and smells very faintly of a nice tropical vacation.

I just got mine from Puritan's Pride last week. I love the light sweet smell. I use it on my daughters ends. Any suggestions on the best ways to use this stuff? This is how I used it the first time:
I rinsed my hair with really warm water, then CO washed(Suave) and rinsed with tipid water. THEN( :) ) I added about a tablespoon of coconut oil to all my hair while still in the shower. I let it set for a couple of minutes then rinsed it out with warm water...I let my hair air dry. My ends were really smooth. they usually frizz right up even when I put them up.

This will be my staple for a long time...oh and right now puritan gives you 3 for 1($15) 1 lb containers. Oh and on a side note hubby likes to cook eggs with it too :lol:

:cool:

This is SOOOO OT, and I apologize, but I can't help myself!

lisajames96--I used to live in Buies Creek when I went to Campbell!

mkh_77 said:
This is SOOOO OT, and I apologize, but I can't help myself!

lisajames96--I used to live in Buies Creek when I went to Campbell!

yeah,
I was born and raised in Harnett County. I grew up in Lillington. Campbell was to close to home for me to go to college, so I went to UNC. Glad to know somebody else trekked on Harnett County soil.
Take care

OK, Back to the topic ;)

PhonyBaloney500 said:
Is it liquid or solid-ish?

solid until its warmed between the hands or unless it is hot in the room. A little goes a long way and it won't go rancid if it is kept out of direct light.

lisajames96 said:
I just got mine from Puritan's Pride last week. I love the light sweet smell. I use it on my daughters ends. Any suggestions on the best ways to use this stuff? This is how I used it the first time:
I rinsed my hair with really warm water, then CO washed(Suave) and rinsed with tipid water. THEN( :) ) I added about a tablespoon of coconut oil to all my hair while still in the shower. I let it set for a couple of minutes then rinsed it out with warm water...I let my hair air dry. My ends were really smooth. they usually frizz right up even when I put them up.

This will be my staple for a long time...oh and right now puritan gives you 3 for 1($15) 1 lb containers. Oh and on a side note hubby likes to cook eggs with it too :lol:

:cool:

Thank you for saying where you got this. :) I can't wait to try it!

I'm glad others know about this wonderful oil, enjoy ladies!

I'm concerned about how to use when it gets colder... it goes solid but I'll cross that bridge..... unless there is another oil just as good to use in the winter??? I heard raw organic sesame is good.....

Oh i love the smell of coconut oil. I use it too in my body balms and in my hair oil. Everytime I smell it, it brings me back to my childhood because my grandma would always have a small jar of coconut oil in the kitchen from the Philippines. I would climb to the cabinets when i was small just to smell it. :laugh:

I have the unrefined coconut organic oil. I think you can cook with it. But I got mine from Whole Foods. :yep: I really liked the results as a hot oil treatment as well. :)

Back