I love MIZANI BUTTER BLEND!

bellecheveux

Hi everyone! It's been awhile but I thought I should share this. I relaxed two days ago with Mizani Butter Blend Rhelaxer for Normal Hair and let me just say........ thank you to those who recommended it. It's great and my hair felt great. :grin:

relaxedhair18wks.jpg

I love how my hair has been shining ever since. Because I relaxed my hair myself, I had a few underprocessed areas, but it's all good.

Yay, I just ordered it last night (the Normal one) and I can't wait to bring it to my stylist next Monday. I hope it works for me.

The strengths are Coarse/Super, Normal/Medium, Fine/Color-Treated, and Sensitive No-Lye, right? The word "medium" in the Normal description is kinda throwing me off a bit, b/c I was looking in past threads and read that ladies used the "mild," so I'm hoping the word "medium" doesn't mean "mild." Which version is the mild? Fine/Color-Treated?

I just hope Normal/Medium means 'regular,' b/c I def. know I need something stronger than mild, especially since this relaxer is already a bit "weaker" than others.

Yay, I just ordered it last night (the Normal one) and I can't wait to bring it to my stylist next Monday. I hope it works for me.

The strengths are Coarse/Super, Normal/Medium, Fine/Color-Treated, and Sensitive No-Lye, right? The word "medium" in the Normal description is kinda throwing me off a bit, b/c I was looking in past threads and read that ladies used the "mild," so I'm hoping the word "medium" doesn't mean "mild." Which version is the mild? Fine/Color-Treated?

I just hope Normal/Medium means 'regular,' b/c I def. know I need something stronger than mild, especially since this relaxer is already a bit "weaker" than others.

Hey '08!!!

I use the Fine/Color Treated which is the equivalent to mild and I love it!!!! Based on your picture, the medium would be ideal but I don't know the level of straightness you want, either way you won't be disappointed.

I was going to make a thread about this myself.

My stylist used the Mild for fine hair on me the other day and I must say this is the only relaxer I will ever use again.

This is the first time I have had a relaxer and my hair come out feeling soft & moisturized. It has been almost 2 weeks and my hair is still silky and flowing.

I have used almost every relaxer in the past (Mizani (older formula), Affirm, Essations, Lady Velvet, Affirm Fiberguard, Soft & Beautiful, Designers Touch....)

I am so happy I decided to try this, I didn't know a relaxer could work or make my hair feel this well.

**She finished with the moroccan oil so this only added to the bliss**

Hey '08!!!

I use the Fine/Color Treated which is the equivalent to mild and I love it!!!! Based on your picture, the medium would be ideal but I don't know the level of straightness you want, either way you won't be disappointed.

Thanks soror! My medium/normal was just shipped. I don't want it too straight, b/c after my stylist slipped some Optimum Super on my head, my hair laid flat to my head after I washed it the next week. I was not happy.

Hi everyone! It's been awhile but I thought I should share this. I relaxed two days ago with Mizani Butter Blend Rhelaxer for Normal Hair and let me just say........ thank you to those who recommended it. It's great and my hair felt great. :grin:

relaxedhair18wks.jpg

I love how my hair has been shining ever since. Because I relaxed my hair myself, I had a few underprocessed areas, but it's all good.

Did you relax in sections?? I am thinking about relaxing again after three years natural. :yep: I want to do it myself too, but am worried about under/over processing. I am definitely using the Butter Blends Fine/Color-Treated since this is the "Mild" version. I read somewhere on this board about a technique of relaxing your hair in partitions. I am hoping to find that thread again....:wallbash:

Thanks soror! My medium/normal was just shipped. I don't want it too straight, b/c after my stylist slipped some Optimum Super on my head, my hair laid flat to my head after I washed it the next week. I was not happy.

Girl -you don't have a thing to worry about. The Mizani Butter Blends formulations are not as strong as their counterparts (regular Mizani Rhelaxer) and I KNOW it is not as strong as Optimum Super - When I got my last relaxer, I think the whole process was less than 10-15 minutes as I made it clear that I did not want it "sitting" on my hair - relax, smooth and rinse. I had no idea how great this relaxer would make my hair feel -

Did you relax in sections?? I am thinking about relaxing again after three years natural. :yep: I want to do it myself too, but am worried about under/over processing. I am definitely using the Butter Blends Fine/Color-Treated since this is the "Mild" version. I read somewhere on this board about a technique of relaxing your hair in partitions. I am hoping to find that thread again....:wallbash:

I sectioned off my hair in four sections and then sectioned off each quarter section into ten individual twists. I based my hair, put the relaxer, and untwisted my hair, smoothed it, and then rinsed it when the timer went off.

Just wanted to add more to this thread...

...So I got a relaxer with Mizani BB Regular. I was afraid I would be underprocessed, but I definitely was not. After it was applied, in about 14 min, I was whining for my stylist to rinse it out and it seemed processed correctly.

To be fair to the relaxer, I did vigorously rub my scalp for the past week (had an exam, and I play in my scalp during those times) and I did not base or asked to be based that well by my stylist. Next time, I plan to use Sensitive Scalp Base (the pink jelly that is like 5 bucks at the BSS).

Overall, I liked it. I can't tell right away if it made any big difference,though...I guess that may appear over time. I do plan to use it again.

Hello everyone. I am happy to be part of the forum and share my experiences.

I am trying the mizani butter blend today but I am having a hard time locating the balance bath and other products that are part of the system. Does anyone know where I can find it in NY, NY?

Thank you.

Hello everyone. I am happy to be part of the forum and share my experiences.

I am trying the mizani butter blend today but I am having a hard time locating the balance bath and other products that are part of the system. Does anyone know where I can find it in NY, NY?

Thank you.

Where in NY are you? I know a BSS in the BX that you can get it from.

I am in Manhattan but I can go o the Brnox. I called all over this morning.

Thank you.

Parkchester Beauty Supply has everything! You can call them first. Their located at Hugh Grant Circle. Take the 6 train to Parkchester and it's right there. I'll try and look up the info and send it to you now.

I am in Manhattan but I can go o the Brnox. I called all over this morning.

Thank you.

My fault, it's Parkchester Beauty Town
43-45 HUGH GRANT CIR
BRONX, NY 10462
Phone:(718) 892-2863
I tought something didn't look right with the other name. :grin:

Thank you so much. I called and they have everything. I hope the traffic isn't bad. Do you use the Balance Hair Bath and PerpHecting Créme?

Thank you so much. I called and they have everything. I hope the traffic isn't bad. Do you use the Balance Hair Bath and PerpHecting Créme?

No, I haven't tried MBB yet! My sister using it faithfully and loves it! I am strecthing til April and if I don't decide to go natural by then, then I'll definitely WILL be using this MBB:grin:

Do you know the name of the store? I am closer to 33rd street.

Thank you soror!

Are you sure the place is on 8th and 33rd? I'm in the area and I believe the place she'e might be referring to is Beauty 35 which is on 35th and 8th Ave. I don't remember if they have MBB (I'm on a money diet, and I STAY OUTTA THERE), but I think your girl is right, if we're talking about the same place.

Also, Mahoganyhair, make sure you get the Perphecting Creme!!! The neut hair bath you should get if you dont have Neut/Chelating Shampoo already. And, you might not need this, but I thought it was great, the Microfusion spray. I didnt get the Hair Bath so I can get the Spray.. deliissshhhh

Back