I like the new "Salon Herbals" line from Motions

• Thread starter Thread starter JenniferMD
  • Start date Start date
J

JenniferMD

I like the new \"Salon Herbals\" line from Motions

I don't know how new this product line is, but it comes in green bottles. The search function isn't working right now so I have no clue if someone else already mentioned it here.

I purchased the rosemary enhancing oil sheen spray and the mango butter moisturizer. The oil smells so good and leaves my hair shinny yet not weighed down like some oils do. My hair stayed glossy looking all day and the smell lasted the entire day also.

The mango butter cream is great! I like it a lot better than the QP mango butter because it's not as heavy. The QP mango butter is like a gel for me (I love it on my edges)but it's horrible on my ends (leaves them sticky and hard). The motions mango butter reminds me a lot of the NTM leave-in. The NTM leave-in is a little lighter than the mango butter but the heavier cream is actually better for my hair b/c I don't feel the need to use more than I think I have to.

Re: I like the new \"Salon Herbals\" line from Motions

Ooh, they sound good. I've been tempted to try QP but I may wait for the Motions version. Is there any mineral or petrolatum in the mango butter cream?

Tai, you should definitely give them a try. The mango butter has both mineral oil and petrolatum.....I know a lot of ladies think that's a big no-no but honestly, the two have never done anything to harm me.
lachen70.gif

Why aren't we suppose to use those two again?

Hmmm better than QP you say? Ill have to look into this and compare.
smile.gif
Knowing my BSS they prolly dont have it. Thanks for the review.

I saw that in the BSS store today. Thank god I was just there for updo supplies....

Thanks, Jennifer. I might just try them.
smile.gif
Sometimes when they're both in the same product, they're too heavy for my hair. I think my BSS has them. My Sally's doesn't.

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
Tai, you should definitely give them a try. The mango butter has both mineral oil and petrolatum.....I know a lot of ladies think that's a big no-no but honestly, the two have never done anything to harm me.
lachen70.gif

Why aren't we suppose to use those two again?

[/ QUOTE ]

ha! who knows? my hair doesnt have probs with it. Yeah you sold me Im gonna get it
wink.gif

The mango butter is 6.49 and the oil is 7.99

Re: I like the new \"Salon Herbals\" line from Motio

WOW! That's a big price difference.

that rosemary enhancing oil sounds good. I may have to shop around and see where I can get this for less. God bless you all.

I bumped this thread because my stylist used Motions Salon Herbals w/ Aloe Relaxer on me today. So far I likey but I wanted to know if anyone else has used this relaxer. He usually uses Motions Regular w/ Lye.

I self relax and I like the relaxer. It comes with a neutralizing conditioner. I still shampoo with Motions neutralizing shampoo out of habit, after using the neutralizing conditioner. I have to get used to the idea of a neutralizing conditioner. It does leave my hair feeling very silky. I have used the relaxer for 2 touchups with great results. I also like the shampoo and conditioner. For me the shampoo is less drying to my hair than Therappe by Nexxus.

Back