I like my hair...but.....

nfynit_812

I'mma get the scissors and cut all this s&#t off!!!!

I'm a 4a/b I think.

I've been wearing braids for the past 18 months, and the last time I had braids was in March. So, I've been pre-pooing, CO, shampooing and hot oiling my hair to death in order to try and wear a ponytail/bun. My hair isn't long, so most of my hair sticks out and it's kinda curly. I don't know what to do with it. I'm getting kinda tired of braids, and I'm leaning towards relaxing it-I haven't a relaxer since November of 2003...I was thinking of going to Curves Hair Salon to get a Silkener in December..but after reading most of the reveiws on Curves, I'm not too sure if I wanna go that route...

Any suggestions before I rip my hair outta my head?!?!??!?

I don't know what to do!!! HELP!!!

Please don't rip it out or cut it. And don't relax it. ;) Have you tried braid outs? twist outs? Rollersets? Have you ever styled your hair yourself since you've been natural? There are alot of we naturals on here. Stay calm let's see what other suggestions you get. :)

ETA: What's your regimen? Do you blow dry often?

Last edited:
MeccaMedinah said:
Please don't rip it out or cut it. And don't relax it. ;) Have you tried braid outs? twist outs? Rollersets? Have you ever styled your hair yourself since you've been natural? There are alot of we naturals on here. Stay calm let's see what other suggestions you get. :)

ETA: What's your regimen? Do you blow dry often?

Thanks for responding :)

Unfortunately, I have carpal tunnel, so my ability to braid my own hair is null and void. I haven't tried any styles other than putting it in a ponytail. I have to use heat to control my hair.

This is what I did over the weekend (and the usual regimen):

I pre-poo with Suave Coconut Conditioner and Queen Helene Hot Oil, shampoo w/NTM and condition w/NTN hair mask, oil my scalp w/WGO and EVOO, then put Shea Butter mixed w/monoi oil and/or NTM Silky Touch to moisturize...then brush into a ponytail. After putting on my scarf to lay this mess down, my hair waves up and looks bulky. So I re-wet it with water and Infusium 23 and NTM Silky Touch and blow dried. Then I flat ironed. And it still is a mess.

since it's comin up on summer how about a puff if you want some smoothness...since you have had braids(using added hair) so long then you are not used to ur natural hair...it takes some time to get used to...

is it possible to get ur usual braid stylist to braid ur hair with no add-ins??

also how about laying off of the heat and trying to make it stay flat....i doubt that will happen for u very much...doin heat all the time to make it do what u want will backfire with damage...

shea butter and wgo may be makin ur hair curl up instead of flattening out with a scarf....not to say you shouldnt use them but that may be goin against flattening it also....

:)

Back