I know you are suppose to trim ends every 6 to 8 weeks but is it really necessary?

Lilmama1011

If your ends aren't split but just uneven can you prolong the trim after all it's still healthy it's just that your hair grow in different paces at different parts of your head and when you focus on it being even it seems your hair stays in the same place after a while. I saw a girl on here I forgot what she called the ends but she said her advice was as long as your hair is healthy to not trim your ends because our hair grow at different paces. She is now waist length in no time and when she got to her desired length she then trimmed it even. She said only thing is your ends will look straggly but in reality still healthy just uneven. It makes a lot of sense because I have always had length but it seems from trimming like I'm suppose to I don't see a big difference after so many years. And I didn't realize it until a guy I went to high school and now I work with said to why don't you hair grow out more because your hair always the same length and I was like he is right, it's not like I'm purposely doing it, I thought I was helping my hair but in the long one had it stuck in the same spot!

Re: I know you are suppose to trim ends every 6 to 8 weeks but is it really necessary

Of course you can prolong your trims. A lot of women only do search and destroys (cut off only the damaged ends). If you wear your hair straightened often, and you like a blunt look, then you should trim your hair to be even/blunt. Otherwise, I would not recommend trimming every 6 - 8 weeks.

Hair only grows about 1/2 inch per month so if you trim off a half inch every 6 - 8 weeks it will take years to seen any real progress.

I think you mean the "lead hairs" which are the longer hairs showing where your hair could reach if left alone to grow.

naturalmanenyc said:
Of course you can prolong your trims. A lot of women only do search and destroys (cut off only the damaged ends). If you wear your hair straightened often, and you like a blunt look, then you should trim your hair to be even/blunt. Otherwise, I would not recommend trimming every 6 - 8 weeks.

Hair only grows about 1/2 inch per month so if you trim off a half inch every 6 - 8 weeks it will take years to seen any real progress.

I think you mean the "lead hairs" which are the longer hairs showing where your hair could reach if left alone to grow.

Yesssss that's what I meant

Re: I know you are suppose to trim ends every 6 to 8 weeks but is it really necessary

imho 6-5 weeks is too often... and unnecessary...

Ok, so I see my dilemma even tho it's for me to look at hair thats uneven but if I want to see progress I got to lay off trims :)

Yea I agree with it being too often....
I am a bunner so I stick with every 4 months or so, whenever I get a relaxer.

Back