I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND CRAZY........

SherryLove

BUT HAVE ANY OF YOU RELAXED LADIES EVER GONE MORE THAN 6 MOS WITHOUT TRIMMING YOUR ENDS??? IF SO, WHAT WERE THE RESULTS??????WERE YOUR ENDS IN TERRIBLE OR OKAY CONDITIONS???? i WAS THINKING ABOUT DOING IT JUST TO SEE HOW LONGER MY HAIR WILL GET....

It doesnt sound crazy to me...Before I cut my hair in 2003, my hair was long. I would harldy ever get a trim. I would probably get a trim every 4-6 months...maybe even a year
shocked.gif
My hair turned out fine and my ends were not frizzy or damaged or anything. I never really had a problem with split ends though. Hope that gives ya some insight.

No I haven't, but I'm about to try it, just cuz I'm so frustrated that my stylist is trimming more off the back (where I can't see what he's doing!!
mad.gif
)than what I want!! I just got a trim 2 weeks ago, and I'm not planning to trim again until my touchup in November!!
look.gif
This is gonna be v-e-r-y interesting!!!
grin.gif

I've gone 3 years BUT I wasn't taking good care of my hair so yes, my ends were sparse and chipping off. But I'd bet if I'd taken care of my ends they would not have been in bady shape despite waiting 3 years.

You girls are giving me great inspiration.... I am going to try it. I usually trim every 4-6 mos. This is going to be very interesting.....I keep my ends moisturized on a regular basis.......I am going to try to go to the end of the year w/o trimming.....

go for it sherry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't think it can hurt...at worst you end up with asbout the same amount of you'd have had if you trimmed all along. i go about 4-5 months when my hair at it's healthiest.
smile.gif

Sounds Okay to me. I trimmed at the beginning of Jan/04. I don't plan on trimming until May or June. That's almost 6.

SherryLove,
My hair has not been trimed since november 2003
(5 months)!!!!
and I don't plan on triming it any time soon, because I want to keep the lenght I have and grow more. My ends are beautifully well kept, not split ends, no see-through.
I want to reach tailbone as soon as possible.
Zanna

My last trim was on December 1 and my next one will be sometime in May. I actually need a trim now, but I'm trying to hold it out. But if you're taking good care of your ends and want to wait a year, I say go for it.

The last time I trimmed was March 27,04 It had already been 10mths for me. My ends werent even bad becasue I contanstly wore protective styles. Now Im going to only trim once a year.

I only relax my hair 2 times a year. I will update my pics at the end of my. I cant wait to see what I have achieved!

Last year, I got my hair all cut off in March and I didn't get it trimmed until 12/31/03. I slept with a silk scarf on my head (most of the time) on a satin pillow case and took care of my ends. My stylist said that my ends looked really good to have waited about 9 1/2 months. As long as you take care of your ends, I think you'll realize additional growth.

I used to get my ends trimmed every 5-6 weeks. Now it is every 14 weeks. I don't think I have seen a split end in months, but there is something about habit. My ends look great since I don't use any heat and I'd bet I could go to 6 months, at least.

[ QUOTE ]
jrw said:
I haven't trimmed my hair in over six years and my hair is relaxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh.gif
shocked.gif
Not even a dusting??? No scissors have touched your hair at all in 6 years??!!! You should have hair to your ankles by now!!
grin.gif

I went over a year when I first started getting relaxers and my hairstylist at the time said my ends where fine. My ends were not trimmed but once a year before I went to Latin America. If I can locate a pic...I will scan it in.

i stopped trimming summer 2003 and have retained at least 4 inches of hair since then. I can count the number of split ends I have on one hand. my hair is really thanking me for taking care of it
smile.gif
go for it.

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
jrw said:
I haven't trimmed my hair in over six years and my hair is relaxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh.gif
shocked.gif
Not even a dusting??? No scissors have touched your hair at all in 6 years??!!! You should have hair to your ankles by now!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even a dusting. Unfortunately my hair grows extremely slowly so I can't afford to lose too much hair. I wish my hair was to my ankles but it's not.....yet.

My ends were fine and I hadn't trimmed in 8 months. I retained 7 inches of growth. THEN I started using a curling iron and had to chop off a lot of hair.

I just trimmed 1/4" in March and won't be trimming again unless I see any breakage.

After reading Cathy Howse's book, I decided not to trim either. I want to see how much length I can retain.

Yes, I went from Feb 2003 to Nov. 2003 without a trim and had about 10 split ends total, no exaggeration. I was using Wondergo Mega Moisture shea butter grease on my hair (others use vaseline) and wearing it in protective styles. I was amazed at how long it got.

Since October, 2003, I have been on a four-month trimming schedule. That is to say, every other relaxer, my stylist will trim my ends. It seems to be working just fine for me.

northernbelle

I can't remember the last time my hair was trimmed or dusted.
blush.gif
My ends were just fine this last relaxer (I don't know about the roots, though
ohwell.gif
). I'm considering trimming to slowly cut out the coloring in my hair and even it up. I wear protective styles, moisturize daily, and put vaseline on my ends. Like UmSumayyah, I was amazed at the amount of length I retained over 7 months, which was the last time I saw my hair full-length.

Back