I know this has posted before...Global Goddess Coconut Amla Revitalizing Oil

aileendq

YES, I actually gave in and bought this stuff, but only because Sephora has such a liberal return policy.

I DO NOT use it as a "treatment" or a pre-poo (for that, I use plain old virgin coconut oil). I bought it and began putting it on my ends, which were dry, replacing my beloved Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine.

It didn't do much for my ends, and I found them just as dry after half a day or so. So I went back to my N&S, and started using the GG as a dressing. I put 3-4 drops on my hands and run them through my hair before I wrap at night, and some on the top layer in the moring before styling.

I LOVE THIS STUFF! By the time I get to day number 3 or 4, it's right before wash day anyway, and has a good layer of this stuff on it, which keeps it soft and supple, and my hair is usually up in a protective style. This stuff makes it so easy to brush my hair into a protective style, and SO shiny. I have even stopped using my shine serums that are loaded with 'cones.

I have found my staple hair dressing (though I will keep my Nourish and Shine for the very ends). It smells great, and not too strongly.

The downside is, of course, its price, but for how I am using it, it should last a good five to six months. And yes, I know that I could make up a batch for myself, but neem and amla tend to have a peculiar scent, and (let's face it) I'm lazy....

Just wanted to share a great product!

thanks for posting about this! I am finally getting a chance to go to sephora and I will definately pick it up.

YES, I actually gave in and bought this stuff, but only because Sephora has such a liberal return policy.

I DO NOT use it as a "treatment" or a pre-poo (for that, I use plain old virgin coconut oil). I bought it and began putting it on my ends, which were dry, replacing my beloved Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine.

It didn't do much for my ends, and I found them just as dry after half a day or so. So I went back to my N&S, and started using the GG as a dressing. I put 3-4 drops on my hands and run them through my hair before I wrap at night, and some on the top layer in the moring before styling.

I LOVE THIS STUFF! By the time I get to day number 3 or 4, it's right before wash day anyway, and has a good layer of this stuff on it, which keeps it soft and supple, and my hair is usually up in a protective style. This stuff makes it so easy to brush my hair into a protective style, and SO shiny. I have even stopped using my shine serums that are loaded with 'cones.

I have found my staple hair dressing (though I will keep my Nourish and Shine for the very ends). It smells great, and not too strongly.

The downside is, of course, its price, but for how I am using it, it should last a good five to six months. And yes, I know that I could make up a batch for myself, but neem and amla tend to have a peculiar scent, and (let's face it) I'm lazy....

Just wanted to share a great product!

Back