I know there's a MILLION threads about MTG...

ttlayli

But I had to ask...when does this stinky ish start working!!?? :lachen: Gosh! I have been using it for about two months now...at first I wasent that constistent, but for the past month, I've been applying it once a week, before I pre-poo (I leave it on for a couple of hours). I've tried to deal with the stentch, and the drippiness of it all, but it's not worth it if Im not gaining growth. Plus, I think around my hairline, my skin is getting scaley, not bad, but I can feel it when I touch. :ohwell: Maybe Im rushing, but I've heard about ladies who have gotten like 3inches in a month, so thats why I ran and bought it, but so far, I havent noticed anything. I have like half a bottle left. I'm deciding whether I should just quit MTG since I'm ordering some PP B-Complex and Biotin or shoud I just finish the whole bottle??? Does MTG REALLLLLYYYY work??? I'm killing myself over here!! :lachen:

I was never consistent with my use, but for the past 2-3 weeks, I've been using it everyday and I have noticed a lot of growth! I'm wearing cornrows and the hair is rising up because there are little afro/waveys sprouting up. I'd say I have about an inch of growth. mtg is a mess and annoying but i'm going to finish the entire bottle--still have a lot to go. i've mixed mine in either rosemary oil or peppermint oil and I can feel both activating my scalp.

But I had to ask...when does this stinky ish start working!!?? :lachen: Gosh! I have been using it for about two months now...at first I wasent that constistent, but for the past month, I've been applying th. Plus, I think around my hairline, my skin is getting scalit once a week, before I pre-poo (I leave it on for a couple of hours). I've tried to deal with the stentch, and the drippiness of it all, but it's not worth it if Im not gaining growey, not bad, but I can feel it when I touch. :ohwell: Maybe Im rushing, but I've heard about ladies who have gotten like 3inches in a month, so thats why I ran and bought it, but so far, I havent noticed anything. I have like half a bottle left. I'm deciding whether I should just quit MTG since I'm ordering some PP B-Complex and Biotin or shoud I just finish the whole bottle??? Does MTG REALLLLLYYYY work??? I'm killing myself over here!! :lachen:

Is this how you have been using it for 2 months? If so, that is why you haven't noticied any growth. If you was your hair once a week, then you should be applying MTG to your scalp after you wash, so it can marinate on your scalp for days- not hours :perplexed.

I agree with the last post. You should be applying MTG so that it is in constant contact with your scalp. If you have a heavy hand, that might require more washing than normal but MTG does work.
Take care to keep MTG off of your face because the active ingredient, sulfur, is an exfoliant so your facial skin will scale if it is constantly exposed to it.

Ohhhhhhh!!! Okay!! Maybe that's why I really havent noticed anything. So after I "wash" once a week THAT'S WHEN I SHOULD APPLY MTG??? AND JUST LET IT SIT IN MY HAIR??? Dang. I feel like a fool. :nono::lachen:

Just one more question though ladies; I cowash a couple of times per wk since I am wearing my hair natural. Would this defeat the purpose or do I need to add MTG to my hair after every cowash???

If you wash it out, put some more back on.

To give you an idea of usage, I applied it to my scalp every single night. I generally washed every three days or so. Since the smell dissipates, it was OK for me to use it daily.

The constant contact with your scalp, however you work that out, is what is important. It can't do anything for your hair if it's not on your scalp.

Also, if you're co-washing very regularly, I'd recommend using a good clarifier to avoid build-up. Try adding baking soda to your conditioner or doing an apple cider vinegar rinse.

If you wash it out, put some more back on.

To give you an idea of usage, I applied it to my scalp every single night. I generally washed every three days or so. Since the smell dissipates, it was OK for me to use it daily.

The constant contact with your scalp, however you work that out, is what is important. It can't do anything for your hair if it's not on your scalp.

Also, if you're co-washing very regularly, I'd recommend using a good clarifier to avoid build-up. Try adding baking soda to your conditioner or doing an apple cider vinegar rinse.

Thanks girl! I guess I will use MTG a couple of times per wk. I was just nervous since the bottle says to only use once a week...but yeah, I will def. take ur advice! Thank you! :drunk:

Yeah I just got back on the MTG kick this winter so that when I start wearing my hair out in spring, it'll have some nice growth hopefully! I wanted to know like the OP when to start seeing results. I wash my hair every two weeks so that's two weeks it has to marinate!

Back