i know im being rediculous and i need a good kick in the pants!

Shatani

seriously! intellectually, i KNOW that i need a trim....i KNOW that holding on to frayed scraggly ends just for length is rediculous and silly....i KNOW it will grow back....i know these things!!! and yet i dont wanna cut it! :( this is the longest my hair has ever been! i know i need to cut it, but i dont know how to do it myself and i dont trust anyone else to do it....the ends are so thin and sad, but im holding on for dear life!!

somebody come hold me down and trim these ends!!!
~T~

Ok...Here I come. I'm gonna wrestle you down while someone clips those ends :)

Seriously, get a good trim if you need it and follow up with dustings. Dustings save your hair...repeat after me, "dustings save your hair"

Now go and get those ends trimmed ;)

Hey Shatani! Good to 'see' you again! :wave:

Now girl, you know betta! If you don't trim now, you may have to CUT later!!!!

Whoop out dem scissors!

OK, Here it comes...

28.gif

Now that it's out the way...TRIM YOUR HAIR!!!!
10.gif

LOL just do what I do.. Keep doing little trims EVERYTIME you get disgusted looking at your ends. Eventually you will have trimmed it all and it will be less tramatic. Start of with .5 or 1”. :poke: How much do you need to trim?

The longer you wat the more hair you will have to take off. I went to mastercuts and they did a nice job on my hair. They took off what I told them to take off :) After you get a major trim, you should try frequent dustings like a lot of other ladies here do so your next "real" trim wont be as dramatic.

foxybronx said:
LOL just do what I do.. Keep doing little trims EVERYTIME you get disgusted looking at your ends. Eventually you will have trimmed it all and it will be less tramatic. Start of with .5 or 1”. :poke: How much do you need to trim?

That is what I have been doing, gradually trimming as I wash my hair every time. I am half way there. So far it doesnt look as if I have lost that much length! LOL

TigerLily said:
Hey Shatani! Good to 'see' you again! :wave:

Now girl, you know betta! If you don't trim now, you may have to CUT later!!!!

Whoop out dem scissors!
hey tigerlily!!! how YOU doin?? :D look at your hair!!!! i gotta go check out your album, its been a minute! i turn around for two seconds and you done growed all that hair!!! :D

and i know youre right....im gonna do it when i get back home....i have to!!! i cant live with the guilt!!! hahahaha
~T~

foxybronx said:
im not really sure....i hadnt twisted my hair in a LOOOONG time until last night...and my ends dont curl up like they used to! plus i have a lot of breakage pretty close to the roots, so that makes the bottom look even thinner! woe is me! :(

Hey Shatani...glad to see you around again! :)

If you know your ends need trimming then go ahead and trim....I promise you'll have no regrets once you see it growing back thick and healthy! :grin:

girl go ahead and give it a good trim. Like you said, hair grows, and believe all of us, it will look better in the long run.

Nymphe said:
Nice to see you posting again! Now after your trim, it will be time for an album update. ;)
im workin on it girl....i got my eye on this nice camera at circuit city....when my student loan check comes in, ya'll betta watch out!!!! hahahaha

im planning to get some extensions (maybe do them myself if im not feeling too lazy) and i want to do a protein tx....so, i figure i can go to the salon near me, get protein, a trim and a blow out, and then braid my hair....lofty plans!! :D

~T~

I was wondering where you've been I've missed you posting. Now stop hiding from those scissors and give it a little trim- your hair will be just fine and might even love you for it :)

Long time, no read...welcome back, Shatani. I think you should just hack it off now:look: . The new year gives you a good excuse to do it, take a few pics, and get on the grow out challenge :). Plus, you'll be glad you did it when your whole head looks thick and full.

awww, im so touched that you all noticed i was gone!! :D brings a tear to mine eye....hehe

im gonna do it...i swear!!

hey shatani- i started a thread called "yoiu might as well trim because it'll just break off anyway." as nappies we really need to trim at trim time or else it can cause more problems. i extended a trim (did i just make up a term) and my hair became a mess, after the trim- shedding and breakage were totally under control.

hotshot said:
hey shatani- i started a thread called "yoiu might as well trim because it'll just break off anyway." as nappies we really need to trim at trim time or else it can cause more problems. i extended a trim (did i just make up a term) and my hair became a mess, after the trim- shedding and breakage were totally under control.
you know, i JUST got through reading that thread....i wonder if i should kick it off tonight?? i dont have any decent scissors here at my mom's house and i dont know if its a good idea to go hacking at my twists with kitchen shears in the middle of the night! :D

Shatani said:
you know, i JUST got through reading that thread....i wonder if i should kick it off tonight?? i dont have any decent scissors here at my mom's house and i dont know if its a good idea to go hacking at my twists with kitchen shears in the middle of the night! :D
:eek: :eek: :eek: NOOOOO!!!!! :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whatever you do, please make sure you get a good pair shears used only for hair cutting before you trim your hair. Using anything else could do more harm than good. :)

Back