I know hair is fragile when wet

Depends on what I have to do. If I'm getting dressed, lotioning or doing makeup it can stay on for awhile.
Otherwise just a few minutes so my turbie twist can soak up some excess water and then I proceed with my routine.

I dont keep anything on my hair unless I need it dried quickly......but if I did....about one to two hours if its day......overnight if I did my hair before bed......but of course my hair is never fully dry either times when I take my towel off

i keep my tee shirt on for several minutes to 20 mins and i don't comb wet hair. i finger detangle. i air dry for the most part. the shirt soaks up water better without making my hair frizzy.

Enough time to moisturize my skin and put on my clothes. .not a lot of time at all. I use a microfiber towel.

About 20 min or so then I tie my scarf and let it dry maybe another 10. I was having issues with my hair breaking while combing it wet. This way there's no breakage.

About 20 min or so then I tie my scarf and let it dry maybe another 10. I was having issues with my hair breaking while combing it wet. This way there's no breakage.

This was me. No wet combing i don't even detangle in the shower i was losing a lot of hair. My leave ins act better on partially wet/dry hair.

i keep my tee shirt on for several minutes to 20 mins and i don't comb wet hair. i finger detangle. i air dry for the most part. the shirt soaks up water better without making my hair frizzy.
@shortdub78 -In general, how do you ..pack or wear your hair before putting the t-shirt on?
I usually put my hair in a ponytail or two before putting my scarf on (with the ponytail(s) pressed close to my head) -not sure if that's the best method though.

@shortdub78 -In general, how do you ..pack or wear your hair before putting the t-shirt on?
I usually put my hair in a ponytail or two before putting my scarf on (with the ponytail(s) pressed close to my head) -not sure if that's the best method though.

i use it as a towel to just dry my hair and remove access moisture. once my hair is damp, i apply my leave-ins and proceed to finger detangle my hair. sometimes i use my wide toothed comb to make sure i got rid of shed hair and some tangles. my hair is still kind of damp. i then proceed to do the scarf method. i let my hair hang down and smooth it out with my hands to train my ends to stay smooth. after it's dry, i bun it or style it another way. (flat iron)

This was me. No wet combing i don't even detangle in the shower i was losing a lot of hair. My leave ins act better on partially wet/dry hair.

mine too! i stopped detangling with a comb in the shower and on sopping wet hair. i use my fingers for the most part. i detangle with my fingers like i am pulling apart string cheese.

She answered but here is my 50 cents. I gathered up the kids and hubbys old tees....cut straight across under the arms then down one side and wrap like i would a towel...turban style. I do squeeze my hair in regular towel first just no serious manipulation.

I squeeze out the excess water in the shower and then keep it in a bun or ponytail as I get dressed. i don't put any towel or anything on my hair as it would dry it up too quickly.

Back