I just went ahead and chopped!

bibs

Bump the transitioning, I just went ahead and chopped. What was supposed to be an 18 month transition ended up being a measly 4.5 months. I BC'd last night and am having mixed feelings. I had no clue I'd have to cut so much natural hair to even it out, nor did I know that the curl definition I thought I saw in my NG would change so much:whyme: I know I'm going to love it even more when I learn how to make it look how I want, but I'm wondering if anyone else had the same "not quite what I expected" feeling after their BC.

0913100721.html

Can't see the pic, but congrats! I definitely know that sense of frustration. I chopped at 12 months post due to that same feeling, girl....you will get over any feelings of insecurity or discomfort soon. At first I know I was like "wth did I just do :laugh:" but it quickly passed.

ETA: If that is it in your avi, you look gorgeous with short hair!

Thank you! I just put it in my avi b/c I couldn't figure out how to upload the pic, lol. It's saying I don't have permission *sigh*

Can't see the pic, but congrats! I definitely know that sense of frustration. I chopped at 12 months post due to that same feeling, girl....you will get over any feelings of insecurity or discomfort soon. At first I know I was like "wth did I just do :laugh:" but it quickly passed.

ETA: If that is it in your avi, you look gorgeous with short hair!

I was about to post the same thing. Congratulations, BiaM!:congrats: You look great! You may want to check out the Newly Natural Thread for lots of great ideas! Welcome to the natural side!

I was about to post the same thing. Congratulations, BiaM!:congrats: You look great! You may want to check out the Newly Natural Thread for lots of great ideas! Welcome to the natural side!

Thank you! I'm so excited to join all the other beautiful natural ladies :grin:

Bump the transitioning, I just went ahead and chopped. What was supposed to be an 18 month transition ended up being a measly 4.5 months. I BC'd last night and am having mixed feelings. I had no clue I'd have to cut so much natural hair to even it out, nor did I know that the curl definition I thought I saw in my NG would change so much:whyme: I know I'm going to love it even more when I learn how to make it look how I want, but I'm wondering if anyone else had the same "not quite what I expected" feeling after their BC.

congrats on the bc, I can understand how being frustrating transitioning can be. I'm doing a pretty long transition and i often finger my hair and think it would be so easy to get this over with. I'm sure you'll get used to your texture sooner than later. And it looks good :)

Congrats on your BC - I felt exactly the same way you did when I chopped. I will take some serious getting used to but as long as you maintain a healthy regi and take care of your hair it will grow fater than you realise.

Enjoy your beautiful new natural hair lady - I am.

Congrats on ur BC OP!!! I remember that feeling, but it wasnt because I BC'd.. it was because I took my install out and refused to get another LOL I sat looking at my hair asking myself what the hale I was supposed to do with my hair NOW?! LOL

As time goes on.. it'll become second thought on how to maintain/what to do with ur hair IMO and u'll love it more and more!

HHG!!!!!!

I feel you on misunderstanding your curl pattern...mine's is more frizz and less curl right now, but I'm learning...and you look so free and happy and cute! I love it! We're BC buddies, I just did mine a few days ago! Welcome to life au natural!

I feel you on misunderstanding your curl pattern...mine's is more frizz and less curl right now, but I'm learning...and you look so free and happy and cute! I love it! We're BC buddies, I just did mine a few days ago! Welcome to life au natural!

YES! My hair poofed and frizzed after cutting it but I'm so glad I did! I know I said this before but you look gorgeous with short hair too!

Back