I just want to SCREAM! Need HELP! My Hair is Psycho!

HersheysKss10

:wallbash: UGH, if anyone has any advice, I would soooo appreciate it! I have been having an ongoing war with my natural head of hair because of a (beyond) stupid thing I did. I flat ironed my hair on 450 degree heat, and my once bouncy curls were nothing but limp straight locks afterwards. I know you're probably shaking your head, like, "WTF was she thinking?", but I was young and I thought my hair could handle it :nono:

So that was a year ago, and some parts have reverted back, while others haven't. Between 3-6 inches in some areas. It's so choppy in areas where it's damaged, I don't want to cut it! It would be less than ear length in some places! Right now it's almost APL length. :ohwell:

My MAJOR problem is that I've tried to transition my hair by trying styles like twist outs, roller sets, bantu knots, etc, but EVERY TIME I do the style, I take it out and my hair falls limp. Can someone please tell me what to do without chopping off all of my hair??? I love my hair so much, and want to be Waist length in 2-3 years, and I don't see any growth either except in the front (my bang area), which I can't understand because I damaged that part the most but that part is growing like a weed....

I am struggling.....in every since of the word...I don't want to get it done every two weeks at the salon, that will be so much money. What should I do?? Are there any styles, or way to do it that you suggest? Any products? My dream would be to be able to do a roller set, and it actually turn out right!!

I know this is long, but I just wanted to be as detailed as possible! below are some pics of the front! it doesn't show the 'stuck-straight' hairs as much, but I thought I'd just add them anyway. Thanks in advance!!! :perplexed

Attachments

• IMG00005-20100502-1945.jpg
    IMG00005-20100502-1945.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG00002-20100502-1943.jpg
    IMG00002-20100502-1943.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 65
Maybe try some of those volume building shampoos or conditioners. You can trim gradually or do a mini chop and let the hair grow in. If it's been a year IDK if protein treatments will undo the damage. Check empress Ri's fotki for inspiration. She cut a good bit of heat damaged hair. I was surprised at the increase in volume when her hair grew back out. Point is it was all back in the "blink" of an eye almost.

:wallbash: UGH, if anyone has any advice, I would soooo appreciate it! I have been having an ongoing war with my natural head of hair because of a (beyond) stupid thing I did. I flat ironed my hair on 450 degree heat, and my once bouncy curls were nothing but limp straight locks afterwards. I know you're probably shaking your head, like, "WTF was she thinking?", but I was young and I thought my hair could handle it :nono:

So that was a year ago, and some parts have reverted back, while others haven't. Between 3-6 inches in some areas. It's so choppy in areas where it's damaged, I don't want to cut it! It would be less than ear length in some places! Right now it's almost APL length. :ohwell:

My MAJOR problem is that I've tried to transition my hair by trying styles like twist outs, roller sets, bantu knots, etc, but EVERY TIME I do the style, I take it out and my hair falls limp. Can someone please tell me what to do without chopping off all of my hair??? I love my hair so much, and want to be Waist length in 2-3 years, and I don't see any growth either except in the front (my bang area), which I can't understand because I damaged that part the most but that part is growing like a weed....

I am struggling.....in every since of the word...I don't want to get it done every two weeks at the salon, that will be so much money. What should I do?? Are there any styles, or way to do it that you suggest? Any products? My dream would be to be able to do a roller set, and it actually turn out right!!

I know this is long, but I just wanted to be as detailed as possible! below are some pics of the front! it doesn't show the 'stuck-straight' hairs as much, but I thought I'd just add them anyway. Thanks in advance!!! :perplexed

Well I'm not thinking that coz my hair can take the high heat ... but it's a lot kinkier than yours. Your only mistake was not testing a swatch first to determine the proper temp before you did your whole head. That's very important. Start with low (lower) heat till you hit the spot where your hair straightens out and stop there. Don't just plug in, crank it up and go.

Why would you have to cut your hair? It doesn't look like it's in bad shape. Just grow/transition it out. Some people have transitioned 1 1/12 - 2 years. Twist outs and roller sets aren't protective styles. You should check out the crown and glory method, pick a protective style or two that you like and cut the straightened off hair gradually.

Back