I just want to say thank you

isawstars

Ladies... I found a picture that was WAY before i found this forum. I'm guessing it's 1 1/2 to 2 years old. I was literally like :eek: when i found this picture. Then I was embarrassed. :nono: I have no idea why i even took pictures of it! But I'm glad I never deleted them. I remember how I used to hate my hair and wishing it could be extremely sleek and straight like non AAs at my school but my thoughts of my hair have made an 180, thanks to you ladies. I love my hair's texture and the styles i can create with it.

BEFORE LHCF

badhair001.jpg

badhair003.jpg

ONE YEAR AFTER LHCF (look at my signature too)

20060509_0129.jpg

So thanks again, ladies! If i could, i would kiss and hug every single one of you. :kiss:

Last edited:
Oh wow!! That's a GREAT before and after!!! GREAT job! I'm sure you will become a great inspiration to those starting where you did :)

BTW: You know you gotta share with the fam what ya did over this past year or so to turn that hair of your around ;)

Great progress! Your hair is very pretty. Don't be ashamed, girl...many of us had sad looking before pictures(I sure did).

Great job! You should also be congratulating yourself, haircare is often a chore. Consistency is hard to keep up and should be applauded.

Your hair looks great. :) Just imagine how amazing it will look after another year of healthy hair care.

so1913 said:
Oh wow!! That's a GREAT before and after!!! GREAT job! I'm sure you will become a great inspiration to those starting where you did :)

BTW: You know you gotta share with the fam what ya did over this past year or so to turn that hair of your around ;)

I'm saying!!

Great progress BTW :)

Your hair has made a great improvement, Kristenxdollface! :clap:
7.gif
:clap:
7.gif
:clap:
7.gif
It looks healthier and is definitely getting longer. BTW, you're very pretty! :rosebud:

ichephren said:
Great job! You should also be congratulating yourself, haircare is often a chore. Consistency is hard to keep up and should be applauded.

I 2nd this!

Congrats Kristen!!!

so1913 said:

The funny thing is... a few months before I found LHCF, my uncle's church had a raffle for a huge basket of Kera Care and Mizani products. I actually won it, but I never knew how to use the products. So when I found this forum I was lucky to have professional products. My regimen began really simple. I washed my hair once a week with KC's detangling shampoo, then deep conditioned with KC's humonecto (spelling?) conditioner, then used KC's leave-in conditioner. When my hair was damp I did braid outs. I did braid outs for the LONGEST TIME (almost my entire senior year). It helped me get past the shoulders without any breakage. I remember gradually introducing new products into my regimen like lustersilk's cholesterol, and Queen Helen's hot oil.

By the end of the summer I became a PJ :lol: and I had a large box of hair products I dragged to college with me. In college I used heat no more than once a week and I only wore my hair down on Fridays and Saturdays (trying to look cute when going out lol) and my hair continued to thrive.

My regimen has developed into this:

During the winter I wash my hair once a week. I deep condition every wash day for at least 45 minutes and cover my hair with a shower cap. After I rinse it out I always use a leave-in conditioner.

During the warmer months or when I work out consistently, I wash my hair 2-3 times a week. I'll shampoo once and will only wash with conditioner the rest of the week. I'll use a leave-in if I use shampoo.

To dry my hair I apply Mizani's Therma Strength to my damp hair and blow dryer with a round brush. Sometimes I'll just put my hair up in a pony tail at night, put a scarf on my head and blow dry it on a low setting when I wake up the next day.

On my scalp, I like to use Wild Hair Growth Oil mixed with a small amount of MTG, and several drops of rosemary and peppermint oil when hair is wet/damp. I also like to use Profectiv (Healthy Ends) on my ends. It is very thick and keeps my ends moisturized. I recently have been using shea butter which does the same thing, but isn't as thick and heavy.

Last edited:
Back