I Just Want 2 Let It Fall Out

Extremus

Nothing is stopping my hair from breaking nor shedding. Even the slightest touch leaves my hand with strands of hair in it :sad:. Ugh! I'm sick of this! I've done a protein treatment (Aphogee 2 Min, worked well before). Moisturize daily or every other day, deep condition, etc. Still shedding/breaking. I don't think moisture is the problem though nor the protein (well, idk). What can I do? I've been thinking about just letting it do what it wants to do, which is come out. :ohwell:

Sorry for the vent, it just hurts:sad:

Maybe you changed your diet ? Sometimes hair acts out when you change your routine or diet. This happened to me about 1 1/2 months ago. I was desperate. I did protein treatments 3 weeks straight and it stopped. The first week I did Aphogee Treatment for damaged hair. Week 2 - I did Kerafuse. And week 3 I did the Aphogee 2 min Keratin Reconstructor. Believe me it worked, my stopped breaking completely. For the last month, when I comb or wash my hair, nothing really combs out in the comb. I wouldn't recommend so much protein, but it did wonders for my problem.

Are you experiencing a lot of stress? Has your life changed in a major way within the past few months? I'm sure the ladies here will be able to help, and although I don't have any useful information, I wanted to come in and give you a big ole :bighug:

I'm sure it will all work out!

Nope, no diet change. I'm actually happier b4 the shedding/breaking :ohwell:. So, no stress here either.

Thanx for the hug, I feel so loved! :grin:

the thing i've noticed about shedding/breakage is that it is usually because of something that was done MONTHS ago so it's very difficult to find the culprit. and it also takes MONTHS of work to reverse the damage. so hang in there. did you try the heavy aphogee treatment for damaged hair?

Are you vitamin deficient in anything?

Maybe a multivitamin and a biotin supplement. Perhaps a zinc supplement too.

Also, for the time being...maybe you can find a protective style that doesn't cause any manipulation?

Could your hair be overprocessed from relaxers or coloring?

Are you vitamin deficient in anything?

Maybe a multivitamin and a biotin supplement. Perhaps a zinc supplement too.

Also, for the time being...maybe you can find a protective style that doesn't cause any manipulation?

Could your hair be overprocessed from relaxers or coloring?

I've stopped taking MSM for about a week now? ((hmmm, could that be it?))

the thing i've noticed about shedding/breakage is that it is usually because of something that was done MONTHS ago so it's very difficult to find the culprit. and it also takes MONTHS of work to reverse the damage. so hang in there. did you try the heavy aphogee treatment for damaged hair?

No, too scared that it might be too strong :perplexed

Love ur progress pictures in ur siggy BTW

Try Garlic shampoo (they sell the unscented version too). After one use, the shedding should be cut down. After a week of using it, it should just about stopped. You should use it every day until the shedding stops.

Or for a more expensive route, you could use the Nioxin Cleanser and conditioner. But I found the garlic shampoo to work the best (for me).

Either way, I hope your shedding stops. :yep:

Maybe u should have ur levels check..Anemia can cause ur hair to shed alot if it gets to low...Trust me it put the smack down on my hair...:lachen:I have always been anemic , and I try and keep out of that danger zone that i was once in...Put a lil extra iron in ur diet and I bet u it will help..

Ur hair is probably just overprocessed. U relax and color, right? Even if u have been doing this for years maybe smthg went wrong this time.

Shedding : I would do the at home Garlic treatment. U know... the one w/five cloves of garlic and olive oil. One or two applications of that will stop ALL of the shedding dead in it's tracks. :yep: Trust me!

Breakage : U probably killed all of the protein in ur hair w/all of the chemicals. U need to do a protein treatment EVERY week. :yep: I would use Aphogee and Henna and placenta. :up: Another thing that will definately help, is a rinse. A rinse will protect ur hair and help get it back into good condition. :up: :)

This happened to me before and these things helped BIG time. My hair is in great condition again. :)

SOOOOOooooo true! I'm still reversing damage from June, which originated by habits formed in December last year. Think back 6-8 months prior to this event. Maybe?

If you are Anemic get on that iron and eat that spinach girl. Please don't give up. It will get better. As advised before got to your physician.

Ur hair is probably just overprocessed. U relax and color, right? Even if u have been doing this for years maybe smthg went wrong this time.

Shedding : I would do the at home Garlic treatment. U know... the one w/five cloves of garlic and olive oil. One or two applications of that will stop ALL of the shedding dead in it's tracks. :yep: Trust me!

Breakage : U probably killed all of the protein in ur hair w/all of the chemicals. U need to do a protein treatment EVERY week. :yep: I would use Aphogee and Henna and placenta. :up: Another thing that will definately help, is a rinse. A rinse will protect ur hair and help get it back into good condition. :up: :)

This happened to me before and these things helped BIG time. My hair is in great condition again. :)
great advise! :up:

I'm gonna start adding clear rinses to my reggie... :yep: I couldn't remember what they were called until you mentioned it here.

No, too scared that it might be too strong :perplexed

Love ur progress pictures in ur siggy BTW

oh, thank-you! :) well, u've gotten some great advice, i recommend the aphogee 4 damaged hair. it is strong... but very powerful (and works after just one treatment) to stop breakage. as long as you follow with an excellent moisturizing conditioner afterwards you don't have to worry. i always use it about a week after my touchup.

Wow! So much feedback I don't know where to start :grin: Thanks Ladies!

I think I may need step-by-step explanation for the Garlic treatment, sounds very interesting. Although, I'm not too familiar with that, I'm still pretty new. :look:

I should've been taking iron pills (due to my anemia), I guess I should start now :yep:

Anymore suggestions? :look:

great advise! :up:

I'm gonna start adding clear rinses to my reggie... :yep: I couldn't remember what they were called until you mentioned it here.

Is a rinse similar to a celophane [sp?]. I've been wanting to do a celophane because many people said it keeps your hair conditioned under dye & relaxers. BUT... I haven't because that's more money I have to spend at the salon! :sad:

Maybe u should have ur levels check..Anemia can cause ur hair to shed alot if it gets to low...Trust me it put the smack down on my hair...:lachen:I have always been anemic , and I try and keep out of that danger zone that i was once in...Put a lil extra iron in ur diet and I bet u it will help..

I'm soooo co-signing on this! I'm severely anemic and not only did it affect my hair growth, but it also affected my overall health. I would add a supplement to you diet ASAP. Girl, it's gettin cold soon, you know how we amemics get!:lachen:

Also, I know you tried a lighter protein...but have you tried a stronger protein treatment? I use one every month or so and along w/ deep conditioning every week, it has greatly curbed the breakage...HTH (((HUGS)))

Nothing is stopping my hair from breaking nor shedding. Even the slightest touch leaves my hand with strands of hair in it :sad:. Ugh! I'm sick of this! I've done a protein treatment (Aphogee 2 Min, worked well before). Moisturize daily or every other day, deep condition, etc. Still shedding/breaking. I don't think moisture is the problem though nor the protein (well, idk). What can I do? I've been thinking about just letting it do what it wants to do, which is come out. :ohwell:

Sorry for the vent, it just hurts:sad:

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. It can be very stressful to go through hair loss and that stress can encourage more strands to fall. Have you tried shampooing with garlic shampoo? i know that using this shampoo can often stop your hair from shedding. one thing that worked well for my mom when she was losing her hair for unknown reason was to use garlic treatments. also it might be good to find some activity that you do for yourself to relieve stress this might help you get your mind off of your shedding. even though it seems like things are bad now i assure you, as a person that has gone bald due to bad chemical treatments and grown all of my hair back thicker and healthier than ever, things will get better.

Even though im transitioning..i know i must've lost alot because of overprocessing.

I noticed ALOT less breakage when i started doing condition washes instead using shampoo all the time. When i was at my wits end i was told to stop with the dang shampoo and try to just do condition washes instead and WOW...what a difference.

When i comb my hair when its wet now all i get are long shed hair but BARELY any breakage..

Also...when i stop taking msm for a while *initially* both my nails and my hair start to get alot of breakage so maybe you're right with the msm thing.

Like dillard mentioned, i too use the aphogee protein treatment once a month & ORS mayo once a week

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Losing hair is very distressful. I co-sign with everyone who brought up anemia. You should probably have your blood tested again to find out just how much iron you need. Usually for us anemics, the iron in a multi-vitamin is not enough.

Even if being anemic is not the culprit just finding out how much iron you need is going to be good for your overall health. After achieving length you don't want your efforts to go down the drain with future shedding because you did not take care of your anemia sooner.

Just looking out for ya.:hippie3:

I've always been anemic

Well that's a big part of the problem right there. As we get older, our bodies begin to change. If you are anemic, then you might could get a prescription for an Iron supplement (real Iron) and that most likely will help you hair.

I think sometimes we forget, in order to have strong hair, it has to be strong coming out of the root. So you can do all the protein treatments in the world, but that just makes the hair on your head look good because once it's out, it's just dead strands.

C/S'ing this advice BIG time. Judging from your avatar you do look like you color and relax and it seems like your hair is overprocessed. Based on the condition of your hair, I honestly don't think a heavy protein treatment will be too heavy for you since your hair is damaged. Just make sure you follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner. Please keep in mind that the Aphogee treatment for damaged hair also helps to minimize shedding in addition to breakage. If you don't want to use that, there are other heavy protein treatments that will do your hair some good such as Nexxus Emergencee.

Last edited:
ITA agree with Dillard in that it could be something that happened many months ago. My hair is doing this now as well and my mom said it could be because I didn't get all the chlorine out of my hair starting back in July... so who knows.

Is a rinse similar to a celophane [sp?]. I've been wanting to do a celophane because many people said it keeps your hair conditioned under dye & relaxers. BUT... I haven't because that's more money I have to spend at the salon! :sad:

I'm not sure? I'm still looking into it. But I basically want something that will coat my hair adding an extra level of protection against styling weather and heat damage.

maybe too much protein? I did a protein treatment and it made my hair worse than it was, I figured hey I must need more, maybe I didnt do the treatment right? still my hair was breaking and shedding, I used this shikaki Indian shampoo bar once and it solved all my problems dead in its tracks, its all I have been using since March it was really a miracle for me. I guess it seems to just reverse all the damage done by all the junk that I had done to my poor hair.

Back