I just realized that I made a mistake...

daviine

I have an appointment to get my hair relaxed tomorrow. I decided to oil my scalp and new growth with black castor oil. I decided that my coworkers would just have to deal with the smell for a day since I'm going after a work.

So I was sectioning off my hair in the smallest sections that I could and oiling. After doing each section I massaged the oil ina nd combed my hair. I did this with the majority of my hair before I realized that I you aren't supposed to comb your hair the day before the relaxer. I'm expecting that my scalp will be on fire tomorow.

Should I cancel the appointment? If I do that, I may have to wait until Friday or Staurday to relax but walk around with the black castor oil smell.

I don't know what possessed me to comb my hair or oil it with black castor oil! /images/graemlins/whyme.gif I NEVER do that! (Maybe bc I was busy admiring Choclateprincess's hair.....I dunno...)

Has anyone combed their hair the night before without ill consequence?

As long as you haven't scratched your scalp, then you should be fine! When I used to relax my hair, I always brushed and combed my hair right up until the time of the appointment and nothing ever happened. <shrug>

All you have to avoid is scratching/breaking the skin on your scalp. Do you normally get burned or are very sensitive?

I think you should be fine. I have brushed, combed, and yes, even scratched before a relaxer and it turned out fine. I've never even heard of not supposed to comb before a relaxer?

Girl you crazy! I've combed my hair many times before a relaxer and have had no problems. Now if you took that comb and raked it across your scalp then you're in trouble sista!

as long as u havent scratched or combed your SCALP, you should be fine with getting a relaxer...especially with all that oil you put on it.

Back