I just ordered my Pibbs

webby

Think Slim
I just ordered my Pibbs - I GOT IT!!!!

Ok ladies, I'm happy, excited, nervous and CRAZY!

After reading CaramelHonee and Honi's post, I decided it was definitely in my best interest to up my anty. At my current length (about an inch past collarbone), I'm sitting under the salon dryer (Pibbs) for over an hour.

I already have a commercial hair dryer at home, but since I am now able to use the black rollers (2.5") on my crown, I was worried that I may not be able to fit my noggin under my dryer and it just doesn't give off the amount of air flow that I need. I chalk this up to the blessing/curse of thick hair.

Anyway, I have been on a mad search for a Pibbs that I won't eventually want to upgrade. I happed upon 2: 516 Napoleon and 518 Superaria. I called the Pibbs store, which is where CH purchased her dryer and they don't have the 518. What they didn't tell me is that it's no longer in production, neither is the 516, but the do have it in stock. I nearly fell out of my seat when the woman said that the 516 is $595 :shocked:

Well, my research lead me to the 518
518-Superaria.jpg

I have never ordered from this merchant, so I don't know if the end result will leave me happy, but I found a back-door into their website (by accident) and I ended up getting the product for $279. They have it listed at their main site for $319. Shipping isn't cheap $42, but the guy who helped me was so patient, answered all of my questions, as if I was buying in bulk and didn't rush me one bit.

I'll post my review after I get it and use it.

I guess I'll try to sell my old dryer. It's only a year old and I have hardly used it, because it either doesn't fit or takes too long...ah well.

ETA: I got my pibbs, I got my pibbs :woot:

I picked it up at 7:15am. Now you know, I really would like to get sick (cough, cough) and go home to wash my hair :grin:

Last edited:
That's expensive but I suppose it's only the same as 5/6 visits to the salon.

Anyway enjoy it !!! Maybe you could start doing blow outs at home and charging... :)

What commercial hooded dryer do you have? I bought the conair and it is absolute boll*cks. I might get the gold n hot one.

What site did you order it from? Where they able to confirm that, that dryer is the one with the most head room?

Last edited:
buffalosoldier said:
That's expensive but I suppose it's only the same as 5/6 visits to the salon.

Anyway enjoy it !!! Maybe you could start doing blow outs at home and charging... :)

What commercial hooded dryer do you have? I bought the conair and it is absolute boll*cks. I might get the gold n hot one.
Buff, I wasn't planning on spending that much, but I just don't have that much time to dedicate to sitting under the dryer, especially since my son will be walking soon.

I have a portable dryer, that I keep just for travelling, but I bought the Venus Highlander (the type that sits on the floor). I only paid about $179, including the wheels. I should have known not to try to dry my big-wig with that dryer. I'm bending over...kick me

CaramelHonee said:
Let me know how you like it webby... did u order it from queens?

And you know I will ;) No, Queens wanted more for the 518, so I scoured for the cheapest price.

webby said:
Buff, I wasn't planning on spending that much, but I just don't have that much time to dedicate to sitting under the dryer, especially since my son will be walking soon.
Walking soon?? :eek: You gave birth like a minute ago. What next you're gonna tell us he's graduating and marrying his childhood sweetheart :grin: . Where has the time gone?

LondonDiva said:
Walking soon?? :eek: You gave birth like a minute ago. What next you're gonna tell us he's graduating and marrying his childhood sweetheart :grin: . Where has the time gone?

LOL...that's the truth. He'll be 8 months tomorrow and he's already trying to balance himself. Before he starts college I may be bald :D

GodMadeMePretty said:
Tell me more about the back door to their website. :sekret:

LOL...you're a riot.

here

Now the problem with this area of the site is that my online order didn't actually go through; I had to call in my order. I'm still waiting to get my email confirmation, but the guy said that the order should be shipped off tomorrow. If you can wait until I can confirm my order, then we'll know if they are trust worthy. I am really taking a chance with them.

Thanks a bunch. That's here in Florida. I wonder if my shipping will be so exorbitant just coming up the coast. I'll wait for your confirmation e-mail to see if they are legit, but I seriously need to order this.

@GMMP, I'll let you know after I get it. The guy that helped me was really good.

@Um - I forgot about Pibbs Rootbeer :D

UmSumayyah said:
I read the title of this post and was thinking "She ordered her root beer?"

LOL I thought the same thing. I really thought that Webby was going to say that there is a connection between drinking Pibbs and having long hair. Nothing would surprise me on here anymore!!

GodMadeMePretty said:
Thanks a bunch. That's here in Florida. I wonder if my shipping will be so exorbitant just coming up the coast. I'll wait for your confirmation e-mail to see if they are legit, but I seriously need to order this.

I just confirmed the shipment with FedEx. The confirmation number was sent via email last night, but since the package wasn't picked up until today, it wasn't showing up. I was getting a little worried. I think that they are legit. I'll let you know when it arrives and please, let me know if you actually do order and what you go with.

GMMP, I was wondering if you were still considering ordering the Pibbs.
It arrived at FedEx on Monday evening, but I didn't pick up until today. I'll let you know what I think after I use it this weekend.

Let me know if you plan on ordering it.

Yayyyyy!!!!!:woot: I'm so happy for ya! I was excited when I ordered mine too.

Let us know how much you love it.....although I already know you will!

Back