I Just Got Some Havana Twists

quirkydimples

image.png image.png I'm not sure what I want to do with my hair. I got a Boo Boo Kitty cut from APL last November. I'm not sure if I want to keep that up, grow it out or go natural again. When I can't decide, I braid my hair and leave it alone, so here I am.

My friend says it's "too ethnic." They were supposed to be smaller, so if I get them againin 3-4 weeks, I'll get the smaller pre twisted hair. I like it pulled back for work and it's going to help as I increase my running.

image.jpeg
I think they look nice. Cute dress by the way. I don't think I agree with your friends assessment. Or that it would necessarily be a bad thing.
Thanks (Calvin Klein @ Ross $23.99)

That's kind of how I felt. I hate that phrase btw. Is this hairstyle supposed to make people realize "all of a sudden" that I'm black? I wanted them to look like this, but got the wrong hair, I guess.

Too ethnic is so played out today. Saying our hair is too ethnic is like saying turbans are too muslim. We are accepted now just as we are. It's very rare that I see a black woman In a commercial with relaxed hair. I just started noticing this... Yes that's right... Our hair is beautiful and twists, braids, afros, etc are making a positive statement like never before.

I like the style..but I do understand your dilemma when you were looking for it to look like X and it turned out like Y...Even though it wasn't exactly what you're looking for...I still think you can do some versatile looks with them...they look nice on you! :yep: :yep:

View attachment 354735
Thanks (Calvin Klein @ Ross $23.99)

That's kind of how I felt. I hate that phrase btw. Is this hairstyle supposed to make people realize "all of a sudden" that I'm black? I wanted them to look like this, but got the wrong hair, I guess.

Did you actually braid/ twist them into your hair? I think the style you posted is crochet mambo twists.

Did you actually braid/ twist them into your hair? I think the style you posted is crochet mambo twists.
No, they're not braided into my hair. I guess in addition to getting the wrong hair, I called them the wrong name, too. :lachen:

They're crochet, which is a better fit for me. The days of sitting in a chair for 6-8 hours are out of my current patience range. I also want something I can get redone every 3-4 weeks. My aunt referred me to a woman who charges a yearly fee that allows you to get your hair braided as much as you want. She's already had hers done 3-4 times in the last five months...for free (she still gives her a good tip, though). I'll be taking advantage of that immediately. :toocool:

Ok. I can't do it and they're out. The cornrows were entirely too tight even after several days and my hairline is red in several places now. No bueno and no mas por mi.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 18
That sucks. The beauty of crochet braids and twists is that the cornrows don't have to be tight or perfect because the attached hair covers them up. Maybe someone who is more gentle could put them in for you. Perhaps someone that braids kids hair. Sometimes they are a little less heavy handed.

Back