I just got my tu today

Samaria

.......I was 5 months post a tu and so I went in expecting to see SOMETHING, b/c I did have a good amount of new growth, she did the whole nine and once i got out of the chair and got home, I look the same as five months ago :confused: , driving home I was so upset I felt like I should just cut all my hair off my head and give up, IDGI..whats wrong? What am I NOT doing?

I decided that I will begin wearing nothing but buns from now on until my next TU..

Do you think cutting my ends will make a difference in me seeing lenght?

She mentioned to me that my hair was tangled really bad b/c of the new growth and what not? What should I do? Not wait so long, or are there any tips I can use to make it less tangled? Please help me.

Please give me some insight, I'm lost. I just feel like cutting ALL my hair off.:sad:

Is it underprocessed? She did not smooth enough. Having a lot of new growth has nothing to do with it taking. Smoothing and timing makes the hair straight.

If your stylist is not skilled enough to work with it, maybe you should find someone else who can.

karezone said:
Is it underprocessed? She did not smooth enough. Having a lot of new growth has nothing to do with it taking. Smoothing and timing makes the hair straight.

If your stylist is not skilled enough to work with it, maybe you should find someone else who can.

True, I felt all over my head, its all STRAIGHT AS IT CAN BE. :(

What has your regimen been like for about the last year? Tell me about products and procedures including morning styling and night time routine.

What kind of relaxer do you have and have you had any other kind in the past year? If so, what kind?

This will help me to maybe pinpoint some things and help answer your concerns.

Oh, and how did the stylist style your hair this time?

Look at it this way, there has to be some growth somewhere or there wouldn't have been a need for a touch-up. It may just seem that way to you but if there was enough new growth to tangle your hair, you have some growth.
Keep your head up sweetie.

Supergirl said:
What has your regimen been like for about the last year? Tell me about products and procedures including morning styling and night time routine.

What kind of relaxer do you have and have you had any other kind in the past year? If so, what kind?

This will help me to maybe pinpoint some things and help answer your concerns.

Oh, and how did the stylist style your hair this time?

Honestly, in the last yr, the morning included nothing but sealing the ends it wasn't worn in protective styles, just a ponytail, at night, I just went to sleep. Just a month ago, I begin to wear a scarf to sleep.

Products:
Moisterizers : ORS Carrot Oil, Profective
CW :[\u] I was using CON Conditioner, stopped and was using some of everything, now I use CON again. I condition wash everyday and shampoo once a week.
Shampoo:[\u] Honestly, any type that is for damaged dry hair, I was using ORS Olive Oil Shampoo
Styles, like I said, either in a ponytail, very seldom ever down maybe at home thats about it. I use to flatiron once a week, but during the summer I can say I flatiron about 3-4 times.

I've only used Mizani the past year, and she did a wrap.

Last edited:
karezone said:
Which Mizani are you using?

Mizani sensitive scalp. It really does work on my hair because its so I guess thin so it straightens it right down, nothing stronger is needed. And also, I should mention I did notice the the hair allll the way and the end of my head ( iguess the kitchen?) I can see noticeable new growth there, that's about it.

Samaria,
What did you mean "she did the whole nine"? Did you mean she relaxed all of your hair? Or just the new growth?

When I first started on this forum, I had some majorly jacked up hair. I had been using a thio based relaxer and it was snapping off at the ends...mid strand...you name it! I decided that the only way to "fix" it was to do some chopping. Not all at once, but a good two inches every trim. I did the last chop the other day. 1 1/2 inches, and most of my hair is at about the same length now. I have all lye relaxer/texturizer (I'm somewhere in between). It took this long to do it, but at least now I'll start to see some real growth. (i laready have seen some since last year, but I kept cutting because it was damaged.)

It could be less your routine than just damaged hair you need to grow out. Remember to moisturize and deep condition every week. Oil your ends every day (I do mine 2x a day) and lay off the heat.

Also, make sure your hairdresser never overlaps! If she is rushed, chatting or distracted, drop her and find someone else.

Good Luck!

Yeah, at first she started off just doing the new growth, and then she begin overlapping the relaxed hair. She give me a wrap. I wish there was some way I could take pictures, I feel as though I need to cut my ends, they dont look damaged, their just there. I dont think Imma be goin back.
http://public.fotki.com/Samaria18/after_touch-up/pic007-vi.html

thats how my hair usually looked, you could see there is progress, but with her, i dont even think its that long anymore. Maybe I need to up my regime, Im sort of slacking.

Samaria, I do not see a deep conditioner or protein in your regimen, both of which are necessary whether or not you insist on using heat. Even if you have stopped using as much heat, the hair on your head that was heat processed still needs to be very well nurtured. Have you noticed any breakage on the ends?

ichephren said:
Samaria, I do not see a deep conditioner or protein in your regimen, both of which are necessary whether or not you insist on using heat. Even if you have stopped using as much heat, the hair on your head that was heat processed still needs to be very well nurtured. Have you noticed any breakage on the ends?

How could I not mention that. I use Aphogee every 6 weeks, and I do a deep condition with ORS hair mayo every week, however I had fell off a couple months ago on the deep conditioning. And I just discovered Lekair so I am going to try that. And just a little breakage when I was nearing the time for a proteine treatment, and the normal shedding.

Samaria,

Don't let her (or anyone else!) overlap relaxers. Relaxers don't fade away. Once the strand is relaxed, it's relaxed. If you put relaxer on it again, you are breaking down the chemical bonds AGAIN, and sometimes altogether.

I applaud you for stretching for so long. I tried this myself and failed this time. (I will try again next time.)

Find someone else to do your hair. It's YOUR hair and YOUR money!

In the meantime, be patient. baby your hair and trim the damaged end off, if you like.

I log onto this forum EVERY day. You never know what you can learn, and the ladies here are more than happy to help and advise you.

aileendq said:
Samaria,

Don't let her (or anyone else!) overlap relaxers. Relaxers don't fade away. Once the strand is relaxed, it's relaxed. If you put relaxer on it again, you are breaking down the chemical bonds AGAIN, and sometimes altogether.

I applaud you for stretching for so long. I tried this myself and failed this time. (I will try again next time.)

Find someone else to do your hair. It's YOUR hair and YOUR money!

In the meantime, be patient. baby your hair and trim the damaged end off, if you like.

I log onto this forum EVERY day. You never know what you can learn, and the ladies here are more than happy to help and advise you.

Thank you, & thats the last time that will ever happen, SERIOUSLY.

I am thinking you should have gained some length and so my theory is that if you were to have measured your hair before and after the 5 months, the numbers would be different. Your eyes are not detecting the change.

Also, wrap sets and roller sets make the hair appear fuller, but alittle shorter. This happens to me when I'm fresh from the salon with a relaxer. (I get roller wraps) My hair does not look any longer to me. But, the first time that I shampoo, condition, and style at home I see the difference.

Last edited:
You said you've been wearing a ponytail lately, well what kind of Ponytail holder have you been using, because maybe what you thought was normal shedding was actually breakage from the ponytail holder area. If so, that means you couldnt really see the length you gained because of the breakage from around that ponytail holder area on down is gone, you should run your fingers threw your hair comparing the length of the strands seeing if some are really short in some areas than others because your ends do look really thin. try keeping it in braids or flat twist during your really bad post relaxer days,and always sleep in a satin scarf/bonnet or pillow case.HTH.

Back