I just colored my hair!

blueabyss333

Yup! It's now in the process of being Sun Kissed Brown as I type. It's my first time ever coloring my whole head and I'm really excited for this change. :D I was in the book store and saw a pic of Star Jones, with a brown base and blonde highlights and that's what I want! Any suggestions on color protecting my hair?

Please please please post pics because i want to dye my hair as well and would love to see how yours comes out!! i think if you do a search for Tracy's post on haircolor care, it'll have all th einfo you need. I think its called "for colored girls who've considered suicide when the breakage is enough"

toinette said:
Please please please post pics because i want to dye my hair as well and would love to see how yours comes out!! i think if you do a search for Tracy's post on haircolor care, it'll have all th einfo you need. I think its called "for colored girls who've considered suicide when the breakage is enough"

I definately will, sistah. I plan on doing a rollerset/pin curls. BTW, what happened to Tracy? I remember she moved and never saw her again:ohwell:

blueabyss333 said:
I definately will, sistah. I plan on doing a rollerset/pin curls. BTW, what happened to Tracy? I remember she moved and never saw her again:ohwell:

hey blue, how did the color come out? as for Tracy, i have no idea where she went.

Blue, congrats on the color!!! I know that must be exciting. You know you gotta give us pics!

I don't have any suggestions for color protection since I've always been too chicken to do anything other than a rinse. :lol:

congrats on your new color, i also have color & i constantly use my fav moisturizing product to protect my hair from breakage

UPDATE: I spoke too soon ladies:(. I was typing while I was deep conditioning with the placenta conditioner Dark & Lovely provided. (Which made my hair so strong!:)) Well, by the time it dried I could barely see any color:mad:! You can see a LITTLE brown in the front but it's nothing dramatic that you can see through pics. Soo...I'm going to do a BIG NO-NO...I'm going home to my stylist to give me highlights this weekend. I promise to DC on a regular basis and color protect my hair by Tracy's instructions. Sorry ladies, I wish I had pics to show but my hair still looks dark dark brown- amatuers. Ah well, I'm so ready for a change so I will update soon!

Back