I just bought this new beveled flat iron from Conair...

RabiaElaine

It looks like it could make some cute flipped styles...going to test it out right now (at work) be right back to report. Don't worry I'm testing it on my weave...one of the benefits I can use heat on that hair whenever I want to :)

Ok so I used this really quickly...

-Flip Style---Doesn't work as well as I thought it would or as well as the picture looked on the packaging...maybe I need to experiment some more.

-Bumped Style---Looks really nice. Gives a nice sized bump with no straight lines that you can sometimes get when you flatiron with a straight iron.

-Overall rating---I would say this is a nice iron heats up fast...it does wet to dry (so get that moisturizing steam effect if you want it). I probably don't need it...I just got it because I got caught up in the rain and my hair looked awful...I'm driving to see my boyfriend after work...so you see why the PJ in me was eager to pick this up.

Be careful with the wet to dry option. I've heard mixed reviews about it. Some have used it successfully, some have said it caused more damage because it "boiled" their hair. On weave I guess it doesnt matter, but be careful with your real hair.

Enchantmt said:
Be careful with the wet to dry option. I've heard mixed reviews about it. Some have used it successfully, some have said it caused more damage because it "boiled" their hair. On weave I guess it doesnt matter, but be careful with your real hair.

Thanks for the warning...I wasn't planning on using wet to dry anyway I've been wary of them since they first came out.

i heard the wet to dry irons do more damage than good that's why i'm weary of them. right now i'm still on the quest for a new flatiron. i'm leaning heavily on the side of the maxiglide.

Back