I jumped on the BANDWAGON yall..and it feels good!

Freespirit02

Okay..i really got sick and tired of hearing about this S-Curl ish..so I didn't want to be out of the loop:drunk:. So me being super cheap I went shopping around to find the cheapest bottle:look:. Found it at family dollar for $4.25..now that was my kinda price. So i co washed with my beloved vo5 moisture milk..and slapped some S-curl on about four sections..and sealed with coconut oil. I was waiting for this stuff to start to feel like a mess..but it dried and my hair is still soft:yep:..oh and my curls are poppin like lil'mama's lip gloss! So that was my testimony.

Do any of yall s-curl veterans have any other ways to use this cheap blessing??

I got mine at Sally's for about $3.69. I use mine to refresh my hair in the morning and to moisturize my edges and ends since they dry out the most. I just jumped on the s-curl as well and I have yet to look back.

Got mines at a BSS for $2.99 :look:

But I use it the same way. I moisturize with it twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. :yep:

I keep hearing such great stuff about the S Curl spray...but how do you all wash out the cone? Are you using sulfate shampoo?

I'm about to jump on this bandwagon, but need to know if people are using it to moisturise whilst in braids (with extensions).

Okay..i really got sick and tired of hearing about this S-Curl ish..so I didn't want to be out of the loop:drunk:. So me being super cheap I went shopping around to find the cheapest bottle:look:. Found it at family dollar for $4.25..now that was my kinda price. So i co washed with my beloved vo5 moisture milk..and slapped some S-curl on about four sections..and sealed with coconut oil. I was waiting for this stuff to start to feel like a mess..but it dried and my hair is still soft:yep:..oh and my curls are poppin like lil'mama's lip gloss! So that was my testimony.

$4.25 for my beloved Scurl is a bit pricey, IMO, but I love this stuff!!!!

I just quit the juice (lol) but I used it after washing/cowashing as a leave-in and in the morning as a moisturizer for second-third-fourth day hair.

lol i JUST got this from my local BSS for $3.99, but i'll have to wait until my wash tommorow to use it. I just wanted to know what all the fuss was about as well:yawn:

I have been using scurl for about 3 years. I just use it straight when I first moisturize my hair. when I want to just refresh my hair I mix it with water in a spray bottle and spray my hair with it. I love this stuff and because of scurl I don't have to use direct heat to make my hair look nice.

I'm glad that it works for you! I get inconsistent results...

Same here. My hair doesn't like products with glycerin, so I can't use it for fear that when the weather changes, my hair will become dry. :sad: I really wish my hair liked it.

Does this make anyones hair feel greasy or dry? I think i'm gonna go buy a bottle after work. Does it smell ok?

I'm about to jump on this bandwagon, but need to know if people are using it to moisturise whilst in braids (with extensions).

I don't but one of my all-time hair idols is the one who introduced me to S Curl. She used to use it on her braids and grew her hair well with that regimen. I'm talking about Adrienne0914. Here are some of her posts where she mentions it:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=24355

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=4599

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=1608

Does this make anyones hair feel greasy or dry? I think i'm gonna go buy a bottle after work. Does it smell ok?

I use S Curl with nothing else and while it keeps my hair feeling cool/moist, it doesn't feel greasy or icky. When you apply it to damp hair, it'll feel hard when all the water from your hair dries. But if you reapply to the now dry hair, and especially if you baggy for the night (I always plait my hair before I baggy), you will have soft, moist hair that will not need reapplying in the morning. I wash my hair ever 3 days or so and I only ever need apply S Curl on wash day.

Yes, it does smell. Like a jheri curl. :lol: But if that's a smell you can't stand, then pick up Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1. To me it's just as good and according to my friend, smells like strawberries, which might be a nicer smell. S Curl's smell doesn't bother me, but maybe smell it before you buy it.

I loved SCurl when I was natural. between natural laxer and SCurl my 4a/4b hair was looking more like 3c/4a hair. and it was very soft and manageable

Same here. My hair doesn't like products with glycerin, so I can't use it for fear that when the weather changes, my hair will become dry. :sad: I really wish my hair liked it.

Have you tried it? I know when I'd try to make my own concoction with glycerin, it was nothing to write home about. S Curl is obviously made by folks who know what they're doing because it definitely got my attention.

What other products have you tried that had glycerin in them?

Back