I invested in expensive shears

achangedlife

I've been self trimming for years but I never got that fresh salon trim/cut look. It always look good for a few days initially, but within a week or two my ends are looking bad again. I always use hair shears and I only use them for hair, but still I end up having to trim again soon. I rather have short healthy hair then long raggedy hair.

A stylist that I went to back in the day complained to me that someone stole her $700 scissors. That tells me that there's something to be said about having high quality scissors.

I went to Sally's and bought a pair forfor $49, (I can't afford $700 scissors, lol) came home and started clipping away. I think there is a difference in how it trims, or maybe my mind is just telling me that since I paid so much for them. In any case my hair was full and healthy looking as it always does after a fresh trim but my ends looks neater than usually.

The real sign will be wether or not it feels the same in a couple of weeks.

I washed after the trim and my hair felt wonderful. We'll see

Sent from my LS670

Since I have invested in better shears I have noticed
1 Less splits
2 Less SSKs
3 Softer feelings

I know this is not my imagination because I take detailed notes including how many splits, SSKs I cut during S&Ds; the texture of my ends how they compare to several relatable things(boar brush fibers, different types of weave). It is the scientist in me:) I guess that is why I got a Chemistry degree. These things intrigue me and allow me to release my inner analness(sp?) without driving my husband NUTS LMBO

OP you're a baller lol. My shears were $15 on sale. I'm in school and working. Can't get away with anymore than what I've paid lol. But I'm glad you are seeing a favorable return on your investment :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lol, girl I only ball when it comes to my hair, I was thinking of that earlier. I don't think I would pay for a blouse what I've paid for hair products. I guess that's because I feel confident when my hair looks good no matter what I'm wearing, but if I'm all dressed up and I'm not satisfied with my hair I still don't feel sexy. I've got issues, lol

Sent from my LS670

I purchased my shears from sally and paid about $35 on sale, regular price was over $40. I do not use them for anything but my hair and it has made a difference in how long my ends stay nice. My old shears were the cheap BSS kind and my ends always seemed raggady after about a week.

I have a pair of <$20 shears that do an OK job. I wonder if getting them professionally sharpened would help.

Has anyone ever done that before?

Ballers up in here! I got a pair of $9 ones that get the job done. The last time I had a split in has to be years ago (I don't get them), and SSK just comes with the territory for me. As long as I ain't using the plastic joints for the kindergarteners I'm good.

I would love a pair of the expensive shears because I know that it's a good investment. You'd never have to replace them since you'd only be using them on your hair and if you needed to get them sharpened that's what you do.

Good shears are supposed to cut through your hair with minimal effort, just the teeniest snip will take off what you want.

I should have bought some when I went to the IBS but my SO was the one (believe it or not) that schooled me on hair shears and clippers.

Eh, one day I'll get some. For now I'll found some reasonably priced ones cause the old ones I got from sally's are dull.

Back