I Hennaed AM NOT IM SCARED!!!

Knedgers

OK so I hennaed last night and when I went to wash it out my hair felt so dry!! ... I could hear ii moving!!!! :wallbash: And on top of that it took 800 washes to get it out so I have deep conditioner in right now and I am praying this turns out ok :nono:

Ok it turned out just find, All I needed was an oil rinse and a good dc, I posted pics I am happy I did it. Henna is the bomb

Last edited:
Did you follow up with a moisturizing conditioner?

OKAY I just read your post again it should be okay but try something moisturizing deep conditioner...PAGING THE HENNERSSSSSSSSSSSSS GET HERE STAT!!!

Last edited:
OK so I hennaed last night and when I went to wash it out my hair felt so dry!! ... I could hear ii moving!!!! :wallbash: And on top of that it took 800 washes to get it out so I have deep conditioner in right now and I am praying this turns out ok :nono:

Knedgers, knedgers, knedgers.....:nono:.....lol.

What kind of henna did u use, how much, what did u mix it with, and how long did u leave it in? Secondly please say u didnt shampoo ur hair a bunch of times? That is gonna add to the dryness. Next time, I would rinse it out for several minutes with warm water. Then use a cheap conditioner and lots of it to cowash it out a few times. It really helps get it out better than shampoo and adds softness to your hair. I hope ur hair is ok....when u wash out the deep conditioner if it still feels rough I would use a cheapy as a final rinse out....when I use white rain tropical coconut (costs a buck and I love the stuff)...it almost always adds instant softness and slip. Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

ETA: to battle dryness do an oil rinse as well. when u rinse out the conditioner...use about a quarter size or so of whatever oil u have around, and massage that in and let it sit for a few minutes. Then rinse that with warm water and cowash.

Last edited:

What kind of henna did u use, how much, what did u mix it with, and how long did u leave it in? Secondly please say u didnt shampoo ur hair a bunch of times? That is gonna add to the dryness. Next time, I would rinse it out for several minutes with warm water. Then use a cheap conditioner and lots of it to cowash it out a few times. It really helps get it out better than shampoo and adds softness to your hair. I hope ur hair is ok....when u wash out the deep conditioner if it still feels rough I would use a cheapy as a final rinse out....when I use white rain tropical coconut (costs a buck and I love the stuff)...it almost always adds instant softness and slip. Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

I know I know !!! I am always in a situation lol!. Yes I did shampoo alot :wallbash::wallbash: I am going to let conditioner sit as long as I can. Aww man I am starting to think destruction should be my middle name:lachen:

I know I know !!! I am always in a situation lol!. Yes I did shampoo alot :wallbash::wallbash: I am going to let conditioner sit as long as I can. Aww man I am starting to think destruction should be my middle name:lachen:

mmmmhmmmm:rolleyes: lol....

wanted to make sure u saw this part:
ETA: to battle dryness do an oil rinse as well. when u rinse out the conditioner...use about a quarter size or so of whatever oil u have around, and massage that in and let it sit for a few minutes. Then rinse that with warm water and cowash.

what deep conditioner do u have in ur hair? what other cheapie conditioners and oils do u have laying around?...... got any honey?

I have a replenishiing pack mixed with some honey and vatika oil....I have vo5 moisture milks laying around. Other oils I have are castro oil, alma oil, and a africas best oil mixture oh and kera care essential oils

I have a replenishiing pack mixed with some honey and vatika oil....I have vo5 moisture milks laying around. Other oils I have are castro oil, alma oil, and a africas best oil mixture oh and kera care essential oils

that sounds good and the v05 would be ok to use. Do an oil rinse with castor oil....dont use too much bc a little goes a long way...and dont be slippin and slidin all over the shower either lol.

that sounds good and the v05 would be ok to use. Do an oil rinse with castor oil....dont use too much bc a little goes a long way...and dont be slippin and slidin all over the shower either lol.

Yea I almost broke my neck the first time I tried it because I use alot:lachen: I told you my middle name is destruction

This is what helped me the last time.

When I first hennaed my hair came out looking like it was set on fire! :grin:...dry, fried, dull...everythang.

After an oil rinse I was fine. Do the oil rinse, girl.

That happened to me my first time too......thats why i now only do henna glosses :nono: And when the henna runs out, im done.
I washed sooo many times. I finally thought i had it all after like 10 washes, my hair was so dry and i felt i had done far to much washing my hair that night so i decided to sleep with deepconditoner in my hair-----when i woke up, the conditoner had somehow gathered the rest of the henna, there was like a big chunk left that came right out when i rinsed the conditner out (that sounded so nasty to me), then i followed up with Cream of nature shampoo :yep: Good to go.
That mess was hell.

Anyway, if you get sick of rinsing your hair, then let some conditoner sit in there for a while if you have time so that it may be able to loosen the henna up, and soften your hair/give it a break from all that washing.

When I did my first henna treatment, there was lots and lots of rinsing what looked like mud from my hair. My bathtub was a hot mess! :nono: :lol: The good thing is that henna is very, very good for your hair so the dryness right now is only temporary. :) This is a protein treatment so you'll want to treat it as such and do deep moisturizing conditioning afterwards with a plastic cap for 30-45 minutes or so.

After the very first treatment, you really don't need to go through this again. Henna glosses (henna mixed with honey or your favorite conditioners) make is easy to rinse out cleanly, is more moisturizing and you still get the benefits you want. :yep:

Oh, another thing, you may want to change your middle name! :lol:

When I did my first henna treatment, there was lots and lots of rinsing what looked like mud from my hair. My bathtub was a hot mess! :nono: :lol: The good thing is that henna is very, very good for your hair so the dryness right now is only temporary. :) This is a protein treatment so you'll want to treat it as such and do deep moisturizing conditioning afterwards with a plastic cap for 30-45 minutes or so.

After the very first treatment, you really don't need to go through this again. Henna glosses (henna mixed with honey or your favorite conditioners) make is easy to rinse out cleanly, is more moisturizing and you still get the benefits you want. :yep:

lol :lachen:....that was funny.

LOL girl im trying to!!! Bet my hair is saying the same thing

My hair used to be a mess when I tried henna...

Now I use fresh Jamila and I never have a issue rinsing or with dryness,tangles or hard hair at all.:drunk: Just thicker, stronger and smoother
I'll never try another henna Jamila is here to stay:yep:

Knedgers, my first time was tough as well. I thought I had done everything wrong....I had even slept in the henna! :wallbash: After DCing/ rinsing 2 times, I mixed the conditioner with honey and EVOO. The DC with that mix is what finally made my hair feel better. I hope everything works out great. It'll definitely be better the next time you do it, and then you'll start experimenting with your own mixes.:yep:

wow, i never had any kind of dryness or hair hardness issues, and i leave my henna in for avg. of 15 hours at a time :drunk: maybe you should nix the shampoo, and only use conditioner?

Back