i henna last night ....

HONEYVIBE

and i don't know what to think. I rollerset after i henna but this morning my hair was slightly damp. Usually when i rollerset and get up in the morning my hair would be dry. My ends are super dry. Okay this is what i used
*jamila
*evoo
*water

After i henna i washed with my ORS poo and con, and i also used ORS mayo and let that sit for 45 min.

Should i have used something else?
Is it because of the pregnancy?

I've been wearing my hair in a wrap lately and today i had to put this mess in a pony tail. (it looks nice in my pony) but i liked wearing my hair down. What do you all think it may be?

The Henna may have improved your hair's porosity causing it to take longer to dry.

This sounds like what happened. I can't give an in depth scientific explanation to explain though.:)

ORS Mayo is protein right? You probably don't want to follow henna w/ protein. When my hair is on the dry side I saturate it w/ oil, apply a little moist heat (steaming towel) rinse, condition w/ a moisturizing conditioner (again w/ heat), rinse again, and style. No poo. That usually does the trick for me.

Like sareca suggested, it sounds like maybe you have too much protein going on. The henna acts as a protein treatment in itself; using the hair mayo afterwards might have been too much for your hair. Try putting a protein-free moisturizing conditioner on (you can do this on dry hair), let it sit, then rinse and re-style.

preciousjewel76 said:
Like sareca suggested, it sounds like maybe you have too much protein going on. The henna acts as a protein treatment in itself; using the hair mayo afterwards might have been too much for your hair. Try putting a protein-free moisturizing conditioner on (you can do this on dry hair), let it sit, then rinse and re-style.

ITA - Henna will strengthen your hair like protein and what is needed is some moisturizing!

Congratulations on your henna!:)

trimbride said:
The Henna may have improved your hair's porosity causing it to take longer to dry.

I can attest to that! My hair DEFINITELY take longer to air dry now than it did pre-henna! :)

this is a helpful thread b/c I was also wondering if henna was like a protein treatment.. so now I know the answers:) thanks, ladies.

Back