I have to RAVE about my new cheap ceramic Flat iron!!!!!

bludacious

I just bought the Conair Professional Instant Heat Straightener with Ultra-Hot Ceramic 2" Plates (CS19CS). I am in love. I wanted to relax my hair but I didn't. I used my Ceramic flat irons. My hair has shine and body. I paid 19.99 for this at Wal-Mart. It sure beat that $79 that I paid for that bulky Maxiglide. I hated that thang. It made my hair stringy. I would recommend that conair flat iron though.
61755CS19CS_big.jpg

• 2" Extra wide plates with new ceramic technology leaves hair silky smooth, reduces flyaways and eliminates damaging hot spots by distributing heat evenly
  • 60 Second instant heat-up
  • Uniform Heat Recovery System restores the plate temperature to the optimum level for consistent results every time
  • 25 Variable heat settings for every type of hair
  • On/Off touch pad with auto shut-off
  • Power "on" indicator light
  • Worldwide dual voltage
  • Includes: Nylon detachable comb to keep hair taut & boar/nylon bristle attachment for final polish and added shine
  • Auto shut-off
  • Two year limited warranty

That sure is cheaper than the $34 I paid for my Jilber 1/2". I still love it but thats $14 I could have used on products :)

mscounselor said:
That sure is cheaper than the $34 I paid for my Jilber 1/2". I still love it but thats $14 I could have used on products :)

I bought the Maxiglide and then sold it. I felt like a fool when I used this iron. I have never never I said been able to wear my hair down at four weeks post relaxer. I am now 6 weeks post relaxer. I think I can go longer now!

I know I paid $20 for my Gold n Hot and that thing does exactly what it needs to. I refuse to pay too much for an iron.

nurseN98 said:
I know I paid $20 for my Gold n Hot and that thing does exactly what it needs to. I refuse to pay too much for an iron.

Girl, I couldn't believe that was my hair. I been in the mirror all day!:lol:

bludacious said:
I just bought the Conair Professional Instant Heat Straightener with Ultra-Hot Ceramic 2" Plates (CS19CS). I am in love. I wanted to relax my hair but I didn't. I used my Ceramic flat irons. My hair has shine and body. I paid 19.99 for this at Wal-Mart. It sure beat that $79 that I paid for that bulky Maxiglide. I hated that thang. It made my hair stringy. I would recommend that conair flat iron though.
61755CS19CS_big.jpg

• 2" Extra wide plates with new ceramic technology leaves hair silky smooth, reduces flyaways and eliminates damaging hot spots by distributing heat evenly
  • 60 Second instant heat-up
  • Uniform Heat Recovery System restores the plate temperature to the optimum level for consistent results every time
  • 25 Variable heat settings for every type of hair
  • On/Off touch pad with auto shut-off
  • Power "on" indicator light
  • Worldwide dual voltage
  • Includes: Nylon detachable comb to keep hair taut & boar/nylon bristle attachment for final polish and added shine
  • Auto shut-off
  • Two year limited warranty

I have that same iron. It works great. I have never used the comb or brush that comes with it.

Cool I'm glad you found a cheap iron you like.

I really think flat ironing is mostly technique. My old stylist/friend flat ironed my hair with a Gold N' Hot iron and it was the straightest EVER. I was 6 weeks post too.

Would they sell this at Target or Kmart??? Or any other store for that matter??? We dont have a Walmart in Manhattan....plus I could use a cheap flat iron because I dont use heat that often but I know for that time when I dont think I can go another week this may help stretch it out further. God bless you all.

Thanks for the review. I wasn't feeling paying more than 40.00 for a ceramic iron.

Shawnee66 said:
azul11 I saw that flatiron at several Rite-Aids. I am not sure to the price.

ooooooo thank you so much. I might just pass by rite aid today to see. Thank you again. God bless you all.

I just bought the Conair Professional Instant Heat Straightener on ebay unused for under 6 bucks plus shipping. I hope it works as well as you say Bludacious. I'm just not ready to fork out the bucks for a maxiglide and I realize I need a flat iron that allows me to control the heat instead of using an oven. :grin:

I also have a conair prof. ceramic, but with smlaller plates. I luv it as well. Well worth the price. I purchased mine at Sally's on sale. Being a grad student, I couldn't stomach the price tag of the Chi etc. :ohwell:

Kikootie said:
I just bought the Conair Professional Instant Heat Straightener on ebay unused for under 6 bucks plus shipping. I hope it works as well as you say Bludacious. I'm just not ready to fork out the bucks for a maxiglide and I realize I need a flat iron that allows me to control the heat instead of using an oven. :grin:

Let me know what you think about it!

Could any ConAir ceramic flat iron do or is that specific model recommended because I went to rite aid and couldnt find the model you used and was too chicken to buy anyone without having any reviews on it. God bless you all.

For those of you who have used this flat iron, I have some additional questions:

1. What are your hair types? (I'm 4a/b.)
2. Exactly how high does the temperature go on these?
3. For this price, I wanted to verify that these aren't the type that the ceramic will come off the plates, are they?

I am sooooooooo close to purchasing these.

Thanks.

I didnt even know they had a rite aid around there. I went to the rite aid on 110 and broadway and saw some ceramic irons but not the ones mentioned. I guess I will have to go up to 125 then. Thanks for letting me know. God bless you all.

I just bought a cheapie too(Revlon Ceramic Straightener-$17.46). I had a Vidal Sasson($9.99) and that one was the regual metal-plated kind and that one still made my hair silky so I can't wait to see how this one does!

This was the first ceramic flat iron I purchased and I must say it made my hair feel nice, but no different from the regular old Gold-N-Hot flat iron's from back in the day. It has nothing on the Maxiglide IMO, my hair shows more moisture, softness and silkiness w/the Maxiglide, I do wish that the Maxi was slimmer.

Back