i have to pick one: GNC Ultranourishair OR MSM?

sbj4115

hey! ok, you guys have got me on a great regimen. now i;d like to add a vitamin. just one. do i do ultranourish from GNC or MSM from GNC? currently, i'm jsut taking prenatal vitamins.

thanks, guys!
wink.gif

MSM for sure! I take ultra nourish and 5,000 to 10,000 mg of MSM for joint pain. Since the end of October till now my nails are long and so strong, (all ten of them) and my hair has grown so much. I colored my roots several weeks ago and I have lots of new growth. I will have to color again. The MSM helped with snoring also and I have more energy. I am sold on MSM!!!!

GNC MSM...worked for me...I should have never switched to another brand. I will be returning to GNC's..It's easy to get, it's cheaper and it worked very well.

I'm glad to hear so many good things about GNC MSM since I just purchased a bottle of it yesterday! I think $10 is not a bad price for a 90 day supply!

I used the GNC Ultranourishair (1 bottle till it ran out) but I won't buy it again b/c I felt that I got better results with the HSN. Also the Ultranourishair pills are just too darn big!

I'm curious to know what some of you liked about the MSM and how much are you taking?

I also should say that the MSM 1000mg capsule from GNC is also quite huge! I'm a little nervous but hopefully, it will go down ok. I guess I shouldn't have expected a 1000mg capsule to be the same size as a 500mg capsule.
frown.gif

Without a doubt I'd vote for the MSM.
smile.gif

I take the GNC MSM-1500. I started taking it b/c I hear that it holds off the shedding phase, extends your growing phase..anagen? (I know I'm not saying it right but I'm sure you follow me)... I continued taking it also b/c it's good for joint health as well as allergies.

The pills are quite large, yes.
crazy.gif
But I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if you break them in half and take half after lunch and half before bedtime???

the kind i take isnt truly a capsule...its more of a tablet much like UNH but it has a protctive coating sorta...its not like a capsule tht looks like its in a clear case with little beads in it...this isn't like tht. its a large tablet abt half your pinky I'd say. you can break it in half.

sorry I feel likw this didn't make sense. pls post back to me if u have more ??...

Re: i have to pick one: GNC Ultranourishair OR MSM?

Balleryna, I know what you mean. You're taking the "tablet" form that you can break whereas I have the "capsule" form. Have you been getting good results?

I feel better taking a capsule form b/c I can see the powdered msm inside of it so I guess I figure it can be broken down easier. But, I wonder how long it takes to break down that plastic capsule coating...well, I think it breaks open or something like that. I need to do some research on that...

I also picked up a B-50 complex at GNC and didn't notice till I got it home that it's also in capsule form.

Hairlove,

What is HSN? I purchased from GNC the Ultra Nourishair, silica and flaxseed oil this past Wednesday hoping to obtain GREAT results. I saw in an earlier post that you prefer the HSN to the UN.

Thanks,

Asha
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Balleryna, I know what you mean. You're taking the "tablet" form that you can break whereas I have the "capsule" form. Have you been getting good results?

I feel better taking a capsule form b/c I can see the powdered msm inside of it so I guess I figure it can be broken down easier. But, I wonder how long it takes to break down that plastic capsule coating...well, I think it breaks open or something like that. I need to do some research on that...

I also picked up a B-50 complex at GNC and didn't notice till I got it home that it's also in capsule form.

[/ QUOTE ]

Asha,

I say HSN to mean the Hair, Skin, and Nails formula by GNC. Hope that helps.

Good luck with the Silica and Flax Seed Oil. I just realized the Flax Seed Oil tastes much better if I shake it vigorously before taking! Are you planning to mix it with stuff or take it straight? I started off mixing with apple juice but now I just take it full strength in a teaspoon!

Thanks Hairlove!

The GNC salesman told me to take it with a protein drink, like milk or mix it with yogurt (another source of protein). I forget why, but I'll be stopping by GNC later today to pick up some MSM and I'll ask him to explain it to me again. I do take it straight prior to drinking a glass of milk, but I take 1 tablespoon instead of a teaspoon. This was recommended by the salesman and it's on my bottle as the recommended dosage.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Asha,

I say HSN to mean the Hair, Skin, and Nails formula by GNC. Hope that helps.

Good luck with the Silica and Flax Seed Oil. I just realized the Flax Seed Oil tastes much better if I shake it vigorously before taking! Are you planning to mix it with stuff or take it straight? I started off mixing with apple juice but now I just take it full strength in a teaspoon!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops! I do take a tablespoon and not a teaspoon! (I type faster than I think! lol).

Let me know if the salesman gives you any other interesting info!

No problem and I will!

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Oops! I do take a tablespoon and not a teaspoon! (I type faster than I think! lol).

Let me know if the salesman gives you any other interesting info!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I'm glad to hear so many good things about GNC MSM since I just purchased a bottle of it yesterday! I think $10 is not a bad price for a 90 day supply!

[/ QUOTE ]

10 dollars sounds awesome for a 90 day supply! How many mg would that be a day?

Well, I suppose it depends on how many you take. The bottle says to take 1 or 2 per day. I'm gradually increasing my dosage of msm and I just started taking 2 500mg capsules of msm. In another day or so, I'll be on the 1000mg capsule from GNC. Then after a week or two, I'll start taking 2 1000mg capsules. So, for me, I think this bottle will last about 2 months instead of 3. Sorry I'm so longwinded! lol

Why do you have to take it with milk or protein drinks? Couldn't you just take before or after eating?

Back