I have some goofy hair! (pics and questions)

Kirei

Okay so today I did a deep condition with honey & a cheapie condish and a shower cap, I left that on for about 7 hours (9 AM- 4 PM). My hair is soooo soft.

Here is my hair straight out of the shower cap:
DSCF0348.jpg

Washed out DC; wet with no product:
DSCF0370.jpg

My protective style bun:
DSCF0393.jpg

If I am going to wear my hair out, I usually bun it for about 5-10 mins. (however long it takes me to get dressed) and then undo the bun and shake my head. I do not fluff it or do anything to the curls. This is how it looks:
DSCF0401.jpg

the back:
DSCF0420.jpg

Please tell me someone else has crazy textures like me, my curl is sooo loose in the back it gives me a super v shape. It also doesn't help the my hair grows in layers... I still love it...even though it don't act right!

Sideview:
DSCF0396.jpg

DSCF0397.jpg

Okay I'm done!

A few questions:

Anyone my hair twin?
What hair type am I?

Thanks for looking! Smooches!

Oh, I have been 100% natural since about January 2008, my hair was about 3-4 inches all the way around.

Due to some of the curls at the very front in the last picture, you look like a cottony 4a/3c (mainly 4a). But maybe it looks like you have 3C in the last pic because of you pulled it back into a bun. I'm not sure. It may be best to check out the Andre system to be sure. I'm a cottony 4a, so we're not hair twins. Pretty hair, btw!

Last edited:
Looks 4a to me.

I have the looser curls at the back too and I think it's a combination of length and being stretched out when I put my hair in a puff (same thing happened in the front but now there's like no texture whatsoever, just fuzzy straight).

Thanks for the responses! I am glad to finally know what hair type I am, I just claimed 4a/4b by defualt...

My little thread aint get no love! :cry:

:look:

Hey Liyah, I think having a looser curl type in the back is quite common. I'm a 4a but my nape(back of the neck to the middle of my ears) is a 3b/3c. I have a serious v shape when I do a wash and go too

Due to some of the curls at the very front in the last picture, you look like a cottony 4a/3c (mainly 4a). But maybe it looks like you have 3C in the last pic because of you pulled it back into a bun. I'm not sure. It may be best to check out the Andre system to be sure. I'm a cottony 4a, so we're not hair twins. Pretty hair, btw!

Thanks! I think all in all I have like 3 textures in this head of mine with 4a being the most common, I think.

Thanks

Looks 4a to me.

I have the looser curls at the back too and I think it's a combination of length and being stretched out when I put my hair in a puff (same thing happened in the front but now there's like no texture whatsoever, just fuzzy straight).

I think this is what occured b/c when I first went natural my hair was not this loose in the back. When I straighten it, I still have a slight V but it isn't as drastic. I used to wear a puff 100% of the time so that really might be the culprit.:yep:

Thanks

ETA: You have some thick pretty hair msa!:yep:
Hey Liyah, I think having a looser curl type in the back is quite common. I'm a 4a but my nape(back of the neck to the middle of my ears) is a 3b/3c. I have a serious v shape when I do a wash and go too

Okay, thanks! DH calls my hair a mullet! :lol: Oh well, I ain't cutting it to make it all even either!

Pretty hair! :yep: maybe 4a w/ some 3c? I can't tell bc the pics are not close enuf for me to really give a good opinion...

Back