I have so like screwed up

dany06

I need help you guys because I dont know what to do.
Well it started about a week ago before I started school for the spring semester. I have been natural for about 8 months up until last week. I got a sew-in put in and the the perimeter hair (front, back and side) relaxed. Let me just tell you the hair stylist did a horrible job of putting in the weave and styling. And to top that off she didnt even relax my hair right. I was in so much pain from the tension of the thread. I left that crap in for a week and took it out the 2 or 3 days ago. Well I discovered that the dumb chick put so many layers and layers of thread throughout my hair that you could barely see my own and she had actually sewn through all of my micro hand tied wefts. Also the hair that she relaxed looked as virgin as the hair that was braided underneath the weave.

On yesterday I went to my mother's stylist to get a corrective relaxer and to relax all the hair that was braided. She based my scalp and all but my scalp was still too sensitive and I started burning shortly after putting in the relaxer. Well you can just imagine what my hair look like after that. I still have a freakin afro and had to get my hair pressed. I've had my hair pressed before when I was natural and my hair looked very full. This semi relaxed hair when pressed make me look like a skinned rat. I just cant believe how thin and stringy my hair looks.

Okay so here is what I need advice on. Do you think I should just go back to my mom's hairstylist in 2 weeks and get my hair relaxed to make it fully straight and just stretch as long as possible for the relaxer after that? Or no more relaxers and just get it pressed every so often?

To top all of this off my hair is very short. When I bc'd I had about 3 inches. But went to a barber shortly afterwards and he took my hair from 3 inches to less than an inch and in some places about a centimeter. Right now it looks like a pinky finger sticking out of a ponytail. I really want to grow my hair healthy and strong but I couldnt stay natural anymore cuz of all those individual knots and many many bad hair days.

I just want your advice on this. Any comments are welcomed

Im sorry that happend to you, Honestly I dont think you should do anything to your hair right now.. :nono: after all that, and you still want to press it :nono: just give it a rest, put some braids in your something, and just leave it alone. :yep:

I hope everything works out for you. **hugs**

Im sorry that happend to you, Honestly I dont think you should do anything to your hair right now.. :nono: after all that, and you still want to press it :nono: just give it a rest, put some braids in your something, and just leave it alone. :yep:

I hope everything works out for you. **hugs**

what she said!! rest that hair!!:drunk:

yea... dont do anything to it for awhile.. its only gonna put more stress on ur hair and u def. dont need that right now.

I know it's scary :perplexed but there's still hope. I agree with the other ladies, don't press your hair or add any more stress to it now...
  • Pamper it with plenty of TLC (pre poo, gentle shampoo, Deep Condtion, leave in, seal, etc. normally, in sections and air dry)
  • Also if you like, since it's the winter it's the best time to hats (use a silky scarf underneath and make sure they are NOT tight fitting).
  • Throw on some earrings and you are good to go!!!:yep:

Back